LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

girl with no automotive skillz needs help!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 06:19 AM   #1
steffbaum is on a distinguished road
steffbaum's Tacoma Gallery
girl with no automotive skillz needs help!

I just bought an 08 toyota tacoma and am wanting to buy some wheels and tires for it. I also want to get a lift. looking at getting a 4 in lift. but i have no idea what to look for! i would like a rugged look w black rims...nothing too expensive...mid range. any help would be awesome.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
What is "mid range" for you? I would suggest a spacer lift with a block in the rear or add a leaf. 4" is tough unless you add a body lift, and anything above 3" i hear creates an uncomfortable ride. Try toytec [ http://www.toyteclifts.com/ ]. As for wheels, i like the look of the Raceline Renegade 6. Look rugged enough on a tacoma http://www.customwheelsdirect.com/wh...l.php?id=58860 has them pretty cheap as far as aftermarket wheels go. The 16x8 should fit as long as you dont have the TRD Sport. Tires, try BFG all terrains or Nitto Terra Grapplers. 265/75/16 will fit with minimal/no rubbing. The tires are aggressive and ride nice. You really can't go wrong with either. All Terrain tires do run a bit pricey compared to most road tires, and they wear a lot quicker. Thats where i would start for you.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Big Guns is spot on, I would listen to him.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
thanks for all the great info...helps out a lot! i will post a pic of the finished product...can't wait
Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 AM   #5
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Black steel wheels offer a rugged look at an economical price.

Check this site out....they also offer Pro-Comp aluminum wheels
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomawheels.htm
Old 03-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #6
Enjoying my addiction
roxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedroxspin72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

roxspin72's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to roxspin72
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
i see it is a new truck so just thought i would mention this before you get rims ;-D

this tacoma has the tire pressure sensors in all 5 rims
and you have a warning light on the dash to warn of tire troubles
the sensors are very expensive $100/each

the should be able to be transfered to new steel rims, can't guarantee alloy though
and if not right the light will be on all the time and will need to be disabled
( i do not have a lift or custom rims, just what i have seen posted)

What is the process for disabling???
Old 03-16-2008, 09:12 PM   #7
U.S.M.C.
bowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of lightbowzerdoo77 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: HQ BN Truck CO 2nd Marine Division, RS Salt lake city, 6th Marine Regiment, 7th Marine Regiment
bowzerdoo77's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to bowzerdoo77 Send a message via Skype™ to bowzerdoo77
those wheels look like S#!T dont buy those
Old 03-20-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
haha...thanks for all the great info. im looking at the nitto terra grapplers right now...as for the wheels im looking at some that are black and silver. my truck is tan so i was thinking that having some silver on there would look better since its a lighter truck.