Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

35x12.50/17 or 315/70R17

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
SlowJoe is on a distinguished road
SlowJoe's Tacoma Gallery
35x12.50/17 or 315/70R17

I have a 2008 Double Cab, long bed sport. I can't decide which tire I want. the 315 is about 1/2 less wider then the 12.50. Iv'e been reading and understand how much i'm going to have to clearance for the 12.5 will it be the same for the 315?

Also I have a 6 inch procomp lift thank you
Old 12-15-2009, 08:44 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
from what i have read either way you will have to have the body cab mount trimmed to fully stuff the tires
Old 12-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #3
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd just run the 315's. I may actually try and stuff some 315's on my 3" lift at some point...
Old 12-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
^^ are you planning on trying that before summer? cause if you are i wanna know your result (tacoma experimentation).
Old 12-16-2009, 01:29 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
^^ are you planning on trying that before summer? cause if you are i wanna know your result (tacoma experimentation).
well, cash will be the issue, and my current BFGs are around 50% tread now so i'll probably just run em through the summer and get new tires in the fall. Plans are always subject to change though.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbowhunter View Post
Why not 305's?
most 305's are 33's or 34's depending on what aspect ratio you get, he is looking for something in the 35" range, exactly where the 315/70's fall into play.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:11 AM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Just say F it and do 325s