Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Thinking about jumping ship from TA/KO to Duratrac; is this wise?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-20-2009, 06:19 AM   #1
lightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the rough
lightfire's Tacoma Gallery
Thinking about jumping ship from TA/KO to Duratrac; is this wise?

The TA/KO's will be 15 more a tire without road hazard while the Duratrac's will have road hazard, or $30 per tire difference without road hazard. I do mostly hwy but like a more aggressive tire. I have used the TA/KO's on other trucks and likes them except for wear. A little scared the Duratrac's will be too noisy.
I have read all the existing threads but would like more opinions; ordering tomorrow.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Do it.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:16 PM   #3
RWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Don
RWS_350MAG's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs aren't noisy at all.
Just a very faint hum, at highway speeds.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:17 PM   #4
FloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the roughFloridaFeMan is a jewel in the rough
Army: 66H8A  DDEAMC
FloridaFeMan's Tacoma Gallery
Do it! I put them on my FJ and they look awesome and ride extremely well. They are not as noisy as you'd think! Starting at around 65mph you hear a slight whirl but nothing like the noise of mud terrains. I put on the "C" load rating as I felt the "E" load would be too stiff and I am glad I did. Make sure you post some pics when you do it.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Wise choice...Duratracs are more aggressive and cheaper! Plus there a great quality tire for on or off road
Old 12-23-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
duratracs just may be my next set of tires. I've run ATs and MTs and I think the duratrac's will be a perfect fit for my uses, especially with all the rave reviews i've seen.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
lightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the rough
lightfire's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer only has load range E in 265/75/16.
Anyone else running load range E on Tacoma? Do you feel it is too stiff a sidewall for good handling on curves?
Old 12-24-2009, 04:10 PM   #8
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Feels fine. My only complain is highway driving, you really feel and hear the bumps in the road.

But honestly, makes it feel more like a truck in my opinion. And I like the extra security of having a higher ply for puncture resistance.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:34 PM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The dealer only has load range E in 265/75/16.
Yeah, I wanted load range C Duratracs but Goodyear was backordered for at least three weeks.
Old 12-25-2009, 12:42 AM   #10
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
i have them in the E load range and they are pretty stiff but nothing enough to complain about
Old 12-25-2009, 09:38 PM   #11
RWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the roughRWS_350MAG is a jewel in the rough

Name: Don
RWS_350MAG's Tacoma Gallery
I got mine from these guys.
Had them in less than a week.
http://www.treadepot.com/sizes/wdtr.html