Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheelers Off-Road Rims

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-26-2009, 08:19 AM   #1
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

Navy: Air Traffic Controller First Class
Name: Clark
usnatclee's Tacoma Gallery
Wheelers Off-Road Rims

Why dont more people run the 16x8 4.5in or 4.0in backspace black steel rims on their trucks? I plan on getting the 16x8 4.0in backspace rims with 305/70R16 BFG T/A KM2 or 305/70R16 Toyo Open Country M/T.
Old 12-26-2009, 09:02 AM   #2
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
make sure the steel wheel fits.they have a different inner design for strength than other wheels.you might have to get a 17 or 18 inch rim
Old 12-26-2009, 09:03 AM   #3
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
they are relatively heavy for people's liking
Old 12-26-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
i think they look good on toyota pickups but they are kinda dated looking on the tacoma...for 55-65 bucks though can't really go wrong.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
usnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to beholdusnatclee is a splendid one to behold

I want them because I wheel my truck and want something that I can scratch up and not really care that much.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #7
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by usnatclee View Post
I want them because I wheel my truck and want something that I can scratch up and not really care that much.
thats exactly what those wheels are for...

folks have been running their wheels for years, although you tend to see them more on trail rigs... they aren't the best looking wheel design, but they do the job...
Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 AM   #8
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about getting the 16's from them also.

so , say I got the 16's with 4.5 backspacing. I have a 3" lift and UCA's and if I went with a 285/75
why would the tires rub? too wide? too tall?
so maybe a 275/70 ??

subscribed
Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #9

he wasnt talking about the tires rubbing. Every 16in wheel with the exception of the Wheelers Off-Road rim are too small to fit with the calipers on our trucks. The Wheelers ones are special designed to fit our trucks.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #10
Thread killer
LBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
he wasnt talking about the tires rubbing. Every 16in wheel with the exception of the Wheelers Off-Road rim are too small to fit with the calipers on our trucks. The Wheelers ones are special designed to fit our trucks.
this I know..but as long as there was a thread about these wheels I figure I would ask about the tires (285/75/16) rubbing. I haven't seen this size on a wheel like this in person and had some questions.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #11

I run the 285/70R17 on the stock rim which has 8inch backspace so my guess is if you ran the 285/75R16 on the wheelers wich is 4 or 4.5 inch backspace they wouldnt rub. Just my guess tho.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:02 AM   #12
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I run the 285/70R17 on the stock rim which has 8inch backspace so my guess is if you ran the 285/75R16 on the wheelers wich is 4 or 4.5 inch backspace they wouldnt rub. Just my guess tho.
stock rim is a 5.5" BS.....i'm running the wheelers 16x8's alloys w/ a 4.5 and 285/75 and i still rubbed the back of the fender and the cab mount on hard turns w/ a bump.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
i still rubbed the back of the fender and the cab mount on hard turns w/ a bump.
thanx
Old 12-28-2009, 10:54 AM   #14
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBtaco View Post
thanx
np...fender is trimmable, but cab mount has to be chopped...thats where i'm at now
Old 12-28-2009, 10:57 AM   #15

Are you sure because I measured the backspace on my 17in rim and it is 8inch backspace unless I measured wrong.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Are you sure because I measured the backspace on my 17in rim and it is 8inch backspace unless I measured wrong.
You measured wrong. Check this site out.

https://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html
Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 AM   #17
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Dont waste time with a phone call...I have those rims on my truck right now. they are great. I sanded them down, because they come gloss, and painted them with rustoleum hammered black. turned out great.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 PM   #18
Thread killer

LBtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
Dont waste time with a phone call...I have those rims on my truck right now. they are great. I sanded them down, because they come gloss, and painted them with rustoleum hammered black. turned out great.
got any pics?