LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

All Terrain or Mud Terrain?

View Poll Results: All-Terrain or Mud Terrain?
All Terrain 76 68.47%
Mud Terrain 35 31.53%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
TX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Bravo Team Leader, 3rd Platoon, 194th MP CO, 716th MP BN, 101st Airborne DIV (AASLT)
Name: Timothy
TX TRD Runner's Tacoma Gallery
All Terrain or Mud Terrain?

I can't make up my mind over whether to go with All-Terrains or Mud-Terrains. I wanted everyone to weigh in with an opinion with what they prefer.

Please note, I drive about 75% HWY and 25% Off Road. What would be the best tire for me?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
BIG DADDY
brutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrutalguyracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

brutalguyracing's Tacoma Gallery
at
Old 12-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #3
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
does it get muddy in tx a lot?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
Ka-freakin'-BOOM!
fghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shedfghtngsquirrel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
fghtngsquirrel's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fghtngsquirrel
AT... I've been running MT's for awhile because of the look, but they're pretty annoying if you don't play in the dirt a lot. I'm on the highway now 80-85% of the time, as my girlfriend lives 40 miles away.

AT all the way...
Old 12-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fghtngsquirrel View Post
AT... I've been running MT's for awhile because of the look, but they're pretty annoying if you don't play in the dirt a lot. I'm on the highway now 80-85% of the time, as my girlfriend lives 40 miles away.

AT all the way...
Is the road noise annoying to you or the handling? or something else?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
I'd definitely go with an AT tire with your hwy/ofrd ratio. The MT's make a lot of noise on the hwy. And by driving more on the hwy than you do in the dirt, you'd just be tearing MT's up.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #7
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
im partial to MTs only because the times i do go offroad, i want to tear through whatever terrain i hit...

i would rather be annoyed with tire hum on the highway than be annoyed stuck in the middle of nowhere...

as for tearing up the MTs, rotate every 5,000 miles and you are golden...
Old 12-27-2009, 11:06 AM   #8
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I rotate my MTs every 5,000 miles and they really aren't that loud on the highway. They have about 10,000 miles on them and still look relatively new, aside from some off-road wear.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #9
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i have 20,000 on my KM2s and no hum yet...

except for when i get too lazy to air back up after wheeling and drive home on the pavement at 18 psi

Old 12-27-2009, 11:09 AM   #10
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I have some Nitto DG's and they are great!! I rotate mine every 5k as well and they still look new!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:14 AM   #11
Giggity giggity, giggity goo
8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough

Name: Garrett
8ballshifter98's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in the same boat man, I was trying to decide a/t or extreme terrain and im gonna stick with extreme. The fact that I'm 17 could play a big part in that decision though haha I just love the look and my logic is if you ever get annoyed with the noise, its just another excuse to buy a banging sound system! Which I have already invested quite a bit of money in.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:16 AM   #12
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
hey is sanford close to high point greensboro or greenville nc?
Old 12-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #13
TX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTX TRD Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Bravo Team Leader, 3rd Platoon, 194th MP CO, 716th MP BN, 101st Airborne DIV (AASLT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
does it get muddy in tx a lot?
Our ground here is VERY soft in North Texas. That is my concern. I do drive a lot of highway because my truck is MY TRUCK. However, when I DO go off road, the trails are usually always messy and soft. I have been stuck before...I am certain it will happen again, but I want to minimize the risk.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:18 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
im partial to MTs only because the times i do go offroad, i want to tear through whatever terrain i hit...

i would rather be annoyed with tire hum on the highway than be annoyed stuck in the middle of nowhere...

as for tearing up the MTs, rotate every 5,000 miles and you are golden...
This is the exact same reason that keeps me coming back to MT's
Old 12-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #15
Giggity giggity, giggity goo
8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough8ballshifter98 will become famous soon enough

Name: Garrett
8ballshifter98's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireturk41 View Post
hey is sanford close to high point greensboro or greenville nc?
Sanfords actually just southeast of greensboro, about 40 minutes
Old 12-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #16
I like to break shit!
fireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfireturk41 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Kevin
fireturk41's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to fireturk41
id chose mts, my bfg km2s have 20k mile and about 1/2 inch of tread left if not more
Old 12-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballshifter98 View Post
I'm in the same boat man, I was trying to decide a/t or extreme terrain and im gonna stick with extreme. The fact that I'm 17 could play a big part in that decision though haha I just love the look and my logic is if you ever get annoyed with the noise, its just another excuse to buy a banging sound system! Which I have already invested quite a bit of money in.
Well I am still a teenager at heart...whenever I get off-road I drive my truck like I stole it LOL.

The highway noise would not bother me because I am always blaring Willie Nelson or Johnny Cash.

Hmmmmmm...... Thanks for all the input folks!
Old 12-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #19
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
KM2s are really quiet for a mud terrain, putting that out there.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:33 AM   #20
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
A/T

Unless you do more offroading, there is no need except for looks.