Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Most Aggressive Looking All Terrain 265s?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Most Aggressive Looking All Terrain 265s?

I want rid of my stock Rugged Trails and am looking for some good ATs. I know the favorite is the BFG ATs, but I was also eyeballing the Firestone Destinations and the DuraTracs.

Id love something mean looking in a 265/75/16, and Im one of those freaks who likes white outline lettering or raised white lettering (SWhite truck).

Any thoughts...suggestions...reviews?
Old 12-27-2009, 04:44 PM   #2
GAS has a spectacular aura aboutGAS has a spectacular aura aboutGAS has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: pilot
Name: Greg
GAS's Tacoma Gallery
BFG AT probably could look at toyo at's
Old 12-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: B-52 Crew Chief/ Ground Radio MX/ LC-
Name: Matt
Afwrestler1986's Tacoma Gallery
General Grabber AT2's FTW!
Old 12-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
Dick Cepek C-F ll but they don't have white outlined letters.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Afwrestler1986General Grabber AT2's FTW!
X2!!!

I have those and they are pretty close to BFG and they look way better than toyo i think. great traction and the tread wear has been great thus far.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
duratrac FTW
Old 12-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #7
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
The Goodyear Duratracs are the most aggressive IMO Their like a cross between an A/T and a M/T

Those are gonna be my next tire for sure
Old 12-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #8
jesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to beholdjesus is a splendid one to behold

Name: jesus
jesus's Tacoma Gallery
ok I want to add to irishpilot's question besides the input of which one looks the best any of you know where to find a good deal on the tires????
Old 12-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #9
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Check out treadepot.com
Old 12-27-2009, 05:25 PM   #10
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah...I keep coming back to the DuraTracs. What load rating would be suitable if I occasionally (a few times a year that is) pull a 20ft boat? Otherwise street-offroad-winter use.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

...or discounttire.com, or tirerack.com
Old 12-27-2009, 05:27 PM   #12

Any LT tire should be fine on the tacoma for towing/hauling. Load C, or D would probably be best as some say E's are a bit on the stiff side.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:40 PM   #13
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Local tire guy told me that the BFG AT's are a superior tire to the Goodyears...

I just picked up a set of the BFG's (6th set). These are 265's.
Old 12-27-2009, 06:42 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good351 View Post
Local tire guy told me that the BFG AT's are a superior tire to the Goodyears...

BFGs are good but the Goodyears are too...

BFGs are over priced to me
Old 12-27-2009, 06:44 PM   #15
Afwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAfwrestler1986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

The Grabbers are FAR superior to the BFG's.

But really, I like them way better, the BFG's seemed to be a harder compound and slipped more. just my .02
Old 12-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #16
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afwrestler1986 View Post
The Grabbers are FAR superior to the BFG's.

But really, I like them way better, the BFG's seemed to be a harder compound and slipped more. just my .02

Could be, I never looked at the grabbers...a shop back home sold alot of the grabbers and they always wore out really fast...

I only looked at the BFG AT's and the Goodyear Duratrac's because those are the only AT's that I know of with severe snow ratings. (snowflake on side of tire)
Old 12-27-2009, 07:06 PM   #17

Quote:
Could be, I never looked at the grabbers...a shop back home sold alot of the grabbers and they always wore out really fast...

I only looked at the BFG AT's and the Goodyear Duratrac's because those are the only AT's that I know of with severe snow ratings. (snowflake on side of tire)
Mine are snow rated as well. I have about 12k miles on them and they look like new. They are worth a look. Cheaper than the BFG's, they clean mud better, and they have a more distinct sipe than the BFG's. I was nervous about buying them, but am really glad I did. Don't get me wrong, BFG's are nice, but I won't buy another pair after having these.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:23 PM   #18
Toyota newbie...
cornwall325 is on a distinguished road

Name: Jonathan
cornwall325's Tacoma Gallery
Friend of mine at work who hunts in some rough places in his Tacoma just put a set of Cooper tires on his truck. They are meaty and have a pretty aggressive tread pattern on them too. I would definitely look into them if you are a Cooper fan.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:25 PM   #19
White Tank
SkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud ofSkyHighTacoma has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
SkyHighTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I want the Duratracs and im due for tires the stock Dunlops are gone!!!