Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Paint black, buy black or keep as Is?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Paint black, buy black or keep as Is?

Hey there! Was just wanting some input on my wheels. Was thinking about going black, But not sure. How hard would it be to paint a polished wheel? Would it be easier to just buy new black wheels? Or should I just leave them as is.

I like them, but I also think a black wheel would look badass. More "rugged"
If new black, please tell me which once you would choose. Thanks!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I prefer black wheels myself. Maybe get a quote on getting them powdercoated.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
WHO DAT!
AverageJoe is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
AverageJoe's Tacoma Gallery
Try to find some pics of that same rim painted black. That might help you make the choice.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:36 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
why don't you have those powder coated black. i think they look good like that, maybe a simulated beadlock kit is what you need. i know omf beadlocks sell kits.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:43 PM   #5
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
for your rims on your truck...id leave them as is
Old 12-28-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
I think you would be good to go either way. They look good now because they match your bumpers, but if you went black, they would match the fender flares, door handles, side mirrors, etc.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:57 PM   #7
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ thats what I was thinking too. But just not sure If I want to go black, bc everyday I see more and more people that have my truck with black rims. It does look good though! just not sure. Maybe what I need is both... Black wheel with some accents?
Old 12-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
black for sure. match ur fenders/bumper/sun visor/hood protector
Old 12-28-2009, 10:06 PM   #9
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
black wheels are so overplayed at this point

it seems like everyone and their brother have them

hold what ya got
Old 12-28-2009, 10:32 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
these are the wheels in black I like...

Any others you would choose please feel free to post...
Still un-sure on black...
Old 12-29-2009, 07:06 AM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
these are the wheels in black I like...

Any others you would choose please feel free to post...
Still un-sure on black...
I think the top one would go best with your truck. The other two look to bling blingy IMO.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:36 AM   #12

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks! well Im still undescided, I think I might just keep what I got for now. Maybe when I get new tires I will switch to a black wheel.

Ofcourse by then, Black will probably be out of style, and polished and chrome back In. lol...
Old 12-29-2009, 08:01 AM   #13
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Thanks! well Im still undescided, I think I might just keep what I got for now. Maybe when I get new tires I will switch to a black wheel.

Ofcourse by then, Black will probably be out of style, and polished and chrome back In. lol...
Yeah honestly, I like the wheels you got now. I've seen some trucks kinda like yours and I was digging the polished wheels better then the blacks.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #14
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
black wheels are so overplayed at this point

it seems like everyone and their brother have them

hold what ya got
I agree. I've never been a fan of black wheels. You can't see the detail in the wheel unless you are very close. All black wheels look the same to me from more than 20 feet away.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #15

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
thanks guys! I think i'll keep what i got for now.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:30 PM   #16
TroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to allTroutBum is a name known to all

Name: Mike
TroutBum's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
thanks guys! I think i'll keep what i got for now.
Nice looking truck.

Mike
Old 12-30-2009, 08:10 AM   #18
Bellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to beholdBellis is a splendid one to behold
Name: Ben
Bellis's Tacoma Gallery
i would paint them gloss black and leave the polished lip
Old 12-30-2009, 10:50 AM   #19
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I have the Hoss wheels on mine. I think they look good. If anything is overplayed, I think it's chrome. That's been around for decades.

Old 12-30-2009, 10:55 AM   #20
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think black wheels add a cooler attitude to a vehicle...just have em powder coated black...prolly cost ya 100-150 bucks