Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

who offers the best wheel tire packages

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
FJ FTW!
southern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shedsouthern_x is one of the sharper tools in the shed

southern_x's Tacoma Gallery
who offers the best wheel tire packages

just like the title says who offers the best wheel / tire packages?
Old 03-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
I see discounttire.com and tirerack.com mentioned alot.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:24 AM   #3
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern_x View Post
just like the title says who offers the best wheel / tire packages?
For tires I would say Costco or Sam's club. Tire rack is ok. When I had to replace my 20" BF Goodrich G-force tires. Costco beat tire rack by a mile on price. Plus Costco includes lifetime balance, rotation, & road hazard at no extra charge. Paid $840 for 4 tires a year & half ago. Tire rack wanted $1200.
These are the tires I have:
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overv...-a-kdw/22.html

As for wheels, no idea who sells them cheaper.

Sean
Old 05-13-2008, 03:46 PM   #4
FMLYHM
zmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura aboutzmtnbik has a spectacular aura about

zmtnbik's Tacoma Gallery
Discount FTW

Discount Tire. They regularly meet and beat Costco prices, and you have the added benefit of not having to wait 4 hours for them to work on your tires (Costco that is)

They will also match internet pricing. I got my 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's that were impossible to find, at Discount for the same price they would have been at Costco, including the "$60 off of 4 BFG" purchase. Had to wait 2 weeks to get my tires but they did everything in their power to get them for me and make me a customer for life. I also had them order my Renegade 6 rims and they once again matched the cheapest price I could find online.

Once you know what you want, just do your homework and then visit your local Discount tire and see what they say.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmtnbik View Post
Discount Tire. They regularly meet and beat Costco prices, and you have the added benefit of not having to wait 4 hours for them to work on your tires (Costco that is)

They will also match internet pricing. I got my 285/70/17 BFG MT KM2's that were impossible to find, at Discount for the same price they would have been at Costco, including the "$60 off of 4 BFG" purchase. Had to wait 2 weeks to get my tires but they did everything in their power to get them for me and make me a customer for life. I also had them order my Renegade 6 rims and they once again matched the cheapest price I could find online.

Once you know what you want, just do your homework and then visit your local Discount tire and see what they say.
Did you get FREE installation,lifetime balance, rotate, & road hazard @ discount tire? As you do at Costco.
But I do see your point about taking a long time to get work done at Costco. That is my only grievence with them. It usually is an hour wait @ either of my Costco's.