Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tire size calculator tool

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #1
david90291 will become famous soon enoughdavid90291 will become famous soon enough
david90291's Tacoma Gallery
tire size calculator tool

I'm new and wanted to make sure I am using the tire size calculator tool right. I bought a used 2002 TRD Tacoma with 285/75/16 tires on it. I don't know what the stock tires were.

The Tool says the stock tires wold have been 265/70-16. It also says if the speedomeer shows 65, I am actually going 69.72 mph or 7.2% more which is consistant with the diameter being 7.3% bigger.

I assume that the odmeter is also off by 7.2% so that if I figure I am getting 17mpg, using the raw numbers from the odometer, I am actually getting better than 18.

Can someone pleaes confirm that I am doing this correctly? thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:05 AM   #2
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Don't know what your stock tires are.(would have been)
Other then that,I'd say yes,you're using it right.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:51 AM   #3
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
For me, I went one size up (265/75/16) from the stock tires (265/70/16) and it said I would be going faster on the spedometer but the larger tires actually put my spedometer to the accurate speed.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM   #4
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
thanks
Old 07-04-2014, 05:47 PM   #5
jackbower6864 is on a distinguished road
Navy: Corpsman
jackbower6864's Tacoma Gallery
Easy way to find tire size

This shows an easy way to find tire size way more reliable than a calculator http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIxEaF6vzww