1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

tire pressure monitor???

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by das56170, Mar 16, 2008.

1. Mar 16, 2008 at 9:23 PM
    das56170

das56170 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma Access Cab 4X4 SR5 (sold), 2002 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 SR5, TRD Offoad
    Tacoma - Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, volant cold air intake, 3" lift with AAL, 285/75 r 16 pro comp xterrains, 1" differential drop, spare tire mod, hypertech in-line speedometer calibrator, debadged
    I'm looking at different tire/rim packages from tirerack.com. They offer the tire pressure sensors installed. I was wondering if I put the new rims on my truck will they work automatically or do I have to get something calibrated the dealership...or will they even work at all. Or if I decide to save some money and not get the sensors at all is how can I disable the warning light without affecting anything else.

2. Mar 16, 2008 at 9:32 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I really doubt they will work i know if you were to get new ones they will have to flash or program themn those so that you can run the new ones because the computer wont recognize it.

3. Mar 16, 2008 at 11:23 PM
    hammerdog

hammerdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    Each sensor has an ID # which has to be manually entered for the ECU to recognize the sensors. You need to have this done by a Toyota Repair Facility. I had my inputed and the dealer charged me $49.00. (30 min labor charge)

So if you do get tire/wheels with sensors installed on them, make sure they record the ID numbers or the dealer will have to remove the tires from the wheels to obtain the ID numbers.

Products Discussed in

To Top