Notices

chosing the right wheels and tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
ehcsula is on a distinguished road
Name: eh
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
chosing the right wheels and tires

I installed a 2.25" ReadyLift Leveling Kit and 1.5" back spacer on my 09 TRD SPORT PRERUNNER.

I want to get either M/T Classic 2 (16x8), Eagles Series 186 (16x8) or ProComp Series 1069 (16x8). Does anyone know which wheel would fit perfectly on my Tacoma? (a wheel that would not give me any trouble rubbing with something)

For tires, I am planning on going with 265/75/16, but not sure to go with BF mud-terrain t/a km2 or all-terrain t/a ko. which tire handles better on the street, rain and snow?

This is my first thread and first time doing mods on a truck. I do value your expertise.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
First what color is your truck?

And Have you look at any other tires other then BFG's?
Theres alot better tires out there.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:17 PM   #3
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
My truck color is silver. I did look into other tires, but majority recommend BFG.
I looked at Goodyear, Yokahama and Pro Comp. I do plan to do some light offroading, but most of the driving is on streets with the family.

That is the wheel style that I was looking for, but if it does not work I am will to look at others. I just want to do things right. As it is I am not sure if i was better off going with bilstein front lift and adding another leaf to the back. Rather than the way I did mine. I just found this out from reading threads from this site. At least I am learning and getting great advice from you guys. thank you.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Alot of guys here love the Terra Grapplers by Nitto. They get good reviews. I personally am dissapointed in my BFG A/T's. There not as good as they seam to be. They suck in snow and ice. atleast anything over a coule inches. And they sling rocks like crazy, and dont clean out well.

Im personally ganna go with the Hankook MT next tire. Awsome Reviews on this tire.

But I think a great looking black wheel would look awsome. But if you like the polished look better, go for it.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #5

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
And with the wheels. you want to go with something that has atleast a 4.5" Backspacing. But you shouldnt have any issues with rubbiing if you go with a 265/75.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
M/T Classic II has 16x8, 4-7/16 back spacing and +0 offset. Do you think this will rub with the caliper?

I also heard bad things on BFG. I will look into hankook tires.

I do like the black wheels, but seems everyone is going that way. There are so many silver Tacomas with black wheels in the neighborhood. I just want to be different.
Attached Thumbnails
chosing the right wheels and tires-ehtruckfuturelook.jpg  
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #7
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
The attached picture is how I would like my truck to look. Where it is not to flashy, but still stands out. I don't know where my cousin got the picture.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:22 PM   #8

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Cool, I can understand that. I went polished bc of the same reason, But now Im desciding I might go black for my next tire.

I think you will be fine with those wheels. I know that some people have had issue's with rubbing the caliper with 16's. So you might want to do some searching on the Forum and try to find some info about that.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
I have tried looking for info on it, but no luck.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #10

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, well im sure someone will chime in soon. If not just PM Chris4x4, he will most defeanantly know.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #11
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
Im personally ganna go with the Hankook MT next tire. Awsome Reviews on this tire.
x2
Old 01-08-2010, 02:49 PM   #13
Bobby D
Dasler is on a distinguished road
Name: Bobby D
Dasler's Tacoma Gallery
285/75/16 dick cepek dc1

BF Goodrich At... or black rims
Attached Thumbnails
chosing the right wheels and tires-truck-004.jpg   chosing the right wheels and tires-truck-015-009.jpg   chosing the right wheels and tires-truck-012.jpg  
Old 01-08-2010, 02:50 PM   #14

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Go to your User's Cp and go down to Send New Message on the left side, and then just type in Chris4x4 in the top box (Recipient) and your message/question below, and just send it.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:02 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think they will rub, but Im not sure. Sorry.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #17

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont think they will rub, but Im not sure. Sorry.
What! Ahhhhh... come on! your sapose to come threw for me man!

Well, I geuss your ganna have to just take a chance. But were pretty sure you'll be fine running those wheels.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverTaco23 View Post
What! Ahhhhh... come on! your sapose to come threw for me man!

Well, I geuss your ganna have to just take a chance. But were pretty sure you'll be fine running those wheels.
I know...Im sorry

Bwest thing would be to arange a test fit.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:20 PM   #20
ehcsula's Tacoma Gallery
Just getting home.
looks like no one wants to try it out. i called many dealers all said no to fitting the wheels. they tell me to bring the truck in and that they will need to measure the back space on my stock wheels. i gave them the measurement of 5.5 back space and +15 offset. they said i don't know what i was talking about. this is why I need your help guys.

I also called M/T, Eagles and Pro Comp and said they would get back to me.

Hankook is the tire to go with then.