Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Getting Duratracs -- white letters in or out?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
I like em both ways, but I think the general consensus will be "in"
Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
IMHO Never ever have the white letters out. Unless you want to look eighties!
Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #5
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Hasn't there been some discussion about whether or not the white is painted on for the letters, or if it's a white background that then has black on top of it to make the white? I seem to recall someone having issues where the black scuffed off to reveal more white than just the letters. Maybe someone that has a set can comment on that. I'm thinking about a set of these for my truck as well. At some point...
Old 01-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
Tacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant futureTacozona has a brilliant future
Tacozona's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xodeuce View Post
Hasn't there been some discussion about whether or not the white is painted on for the letters, or if it's a white background that then has black on top of it to make the white? I seem to recall someone having issues where the black scuffed off to reveal more white than just the letters. Maybe someone that has a set can comment on that. I'm thinking about a set of these for my truck as well. At some point...
I am also considering these. I, too, recall a forum member mentioning that scuffing issue where it was almost like a whitewall underneath.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #7
CUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of lightCUtigerfan is a glorious beacon of light

CUtigerfan's Tacoma Gallery
I've got the black letters out on my Duratracs and like them that way.

Here's a pic of the white letters out on the same color truck. (Not my cup of tea but doesn't look bad either)

Here's a thread with some pics of the Duratracs mounted
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-duratrac.html
Old 01-12-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I like letters out.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
mmmmmmbourbon.
xodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shedxodeuce is one of the sharper tools in the shed

xodeuce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
^^^ I agree. These look pretty sweet too!

Man you gotta quit posting pictures of that truck... That's the final setup I reaaaaally want to have on my MGM DC TRD OR. Duratrac Wrangler 265/75/16's on FJ wheels, with eibach +1.6" coils wrapped around 5100's, plus TSB rear... I likey.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM   #11
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
black always out
Old 01-12-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
out
Old 01-13-2010, 03:49 AM   #13
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
I went letters out,kinda thinking about putting them in now

Denis
Old 01-13-2010, 03:58 AM   #14
valleythunder is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Aircraft Hydraulic Mech
Name: Rob
valleythunder's Tacoma Gallery
Letters in.... That is how my KM2's will be mounted on 2/3. Can't friggin' wait!! Lift install, ARB bumper and 255/85's, in two days..... I will be installing my Grillcraft prior to then...... Can't wait.. Rob
Old 01-13-2010, 01:17 PM   #16
alx_alx_69 is a jewel in the roughalx_alx_69 is a jewel in the roughalx_alx_69 is a jewel in the rough
Army: 3rd SFG
Name: Alex
alx_alx_69's Tacoma Gallery
white letters out, looks awesome on blacked out rims
Attached Thumbnails
Getting Duratracs -- white letters in or out?-02.jpg   Getting Duratracs -- white letters in or out?-3.jpg  
Old 01-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #17
Money Pit
tacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant futuretacoma89 has a brilliant future

Name: Chase
tacoma89's Tacoma Gallery
just got mine on not to long ago. i went with them in but it is all personal choice.

this is about the only one you can get an idea from. need to get my other pics up
Old 01-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #18
dylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the sheddylandercole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-Santa Clara County
Name: Dylan
dylandercole's Tacoma Gallery
my goodyear silent armors are white out. but liek the concerns some people said after wheeling a bit and rubbing on a few curbs its scrapped the black around it off. it looks like shit. im getting duratracs on and i want to do white out but please can someone confirm the deal with the lettering on these puppies?!
Old 01-13-2010, 03:50 PM   #19
Marquette Fence Masher...
Trowber24 is on a distinguished road

Name: Andy
Trowber24's Tacoma Gallery
I like white letters out...

Old 01-13-2010, 04:19 PM   #20
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by alx_alx_69 View Post
white letters out, looks awesome on blacked out rims
Agreed. With a polished/chrome/machined lip, they look better in, imo.