1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Are the factory sport tires (bridgestones) worth anything?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Lunercrab, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Jan 16, 2010 at 3:13 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    i just bought my truck and i wanna swap out the tires asap...i'm curious if the factory bridgestones r worth anything decent when they r brand new (600 miles on them)? and do certain shops give you credit toward the purchase of new ones if you hand them over your brand new ones? thanks guys....

2. Jan 16, 2010 at 3:25 PM
    Veccster

Veccster bass turds

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Pittsburgh - The City of Champions
    Vehicle:
    2020 Pro
    Not sure if they are worth anything (value-wise) but they are definitely worthless on the truck.

I hydro-plane on water and can't get anywhere in the snow. The fill up with mud very quickly and do not clean out at all. I figure they will be gone around the 30K mark (already at 15k).

So you know, the duelers that come on the truck are different than the duelers sold in the store. Factory trucks come with a softer tread so the truck test drives better at the dealership. They also wear quicker.

Goodyear Wranglers are the same way. Our Jeep Grand went through the factory Wranglers in 20K miles. Purchased new, they have a 60K mile warranty.

3. Jan 16, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    Tsenekos

Tsenekos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Edmonton, CANADA
    Vehicle:
    2005 DC 4WD trd offroad
    Toytec 3" lift w coils,1.5 AAL,5100's all around,diff drop kit, axel shims,N-Fab nerf bars,bestop supertop,fog mod, weathertech mats
    I was lucky and got $300 for mine (craigslist) they had 10000 miles on them.

4. Jan 16, 2010 at 3:39 PM
    Lunercrab

Lunercrab [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Beth
    Lehigh Valley area, PA
    Vehicle:
    2019 off road cement
    yeah i think i may try craigslist....i haven't really drivin them in bad weather yet and not looking forward to it when i do...i had the general grabber at2s on my 06 i traded in and i love em' so i wanna get them again...hopefully i can get rid of the stock ones when i do..thanks guys...:)

5. Jan 23, 2010 at 8:52 AM
    Kahunadave

Kahunadave Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Orlando, FL
    Vehicle:
    05 DC PrernrTRD Sport
    K&N CAI-series 63, custom Billet Grille, Magnaflow exhaust, AR Tactic 17x8, Toyo A/T opencountry 265/70/17, Iridium plugs.
    got rid of mine at 16K.. they totally sukked!!! Bought Michellins instead. Try CL.. you should get min $200 for em.. there should be ppl needing a set of like new and "good" tires cheap.

Products Discussed in

To Top