Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tpms in the FJ TRD rims for tacoma

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2010, 08:16 PM   #1
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
tpms in the FJ TRD rims for tacoma

I bought the FJ trd SE rims and I am wondering if any else swapped their tpms sensors from the stock rims to those are did you have to buy the fj tpms sensors? thanks
Old 01-17-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
All toyota sensors are the same. Your old ones will be fine.
Old 01-17-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
HankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud ofHankB has much to be proud of
Name: Hank
HankB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
All toyota sensors are the same. Your old ones will be fine.
Except for the TPM sensors used in steel wheels vs. the TPM sensors used in alloy wheels. One has a 20° stem angle and the other has a 40° stem angle (IIRC.)
Old 01-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #4
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
My mistake.
Old 01-17-2010, 09:04 PM   #5
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be putting mine on tomorrow
Old 01-18-2010, 07:12 AM   #6
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrxr View Post
I'll be putting mine on tomorrow
you are p[utting on you fj trd rims tommorrow? can you tell me if you had any problems with the tpms sensors.
I have the alloy trd sport rims right now. So hopefully they can be pulled out with out them getting messed up and be put in my fj rims
Old 01-18-2010, 12:57 PM   #7
grdnrxr is on a distinguished road

Name: Steve
grdnrxr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08TRD Sport View Post
you are p[utting on you fj trd rims tommorrow? can you tell me if you had any problems with the tpms sensors.
I have the alloy trd sport rims right now. So hopefully they can be pulled out with out them getting messed up and be put in my fj rims
Got it done. they put my sensors from the Sport wheels. No problems....
Attached Thumbnails
tpms in the FJ TRD rims for tacoma-img_1649.jpg  
Old 01-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #8
ROOTIN AROUND

thanks man, My FJ rims are the trd edition. they are 16 inch rims. I ordered my duratrac tires and they should be in by the end of this week.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:49 PM   #9
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankB View Post
Except for the TPM sensors used in steel wheels vs. the TPM sensors used in alloy wheels. One has a 20° stem angle and the other has a 40° stem angle (IIRC.)
Yup... Just found that out the hard way today. On the hunt for some alloy tpms sensors now for my trd rims.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
jeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeratbp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeremy
jeratbp's Tacoma Gallery
this is the same problem I just ran into today. swapped from the stock 16" Tacoma base rim to the 17" FJ rim, and had to take regular valve stems. left the 16"s with the TPMS, maybe that'll help them sell quicker.

the 6 spoke wheels look awesome from the FJ..... next step will be to paint them black.