Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

New American Racing Wheels Didn't Come with Center Caps

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
New American Racing Wheels Didn't Come with Center Caps

I just received my set of American Racing ATX Chamber wheels from Tire Rack and they didn't come with center caps. I've already e-mailed them asking for a set but does anyone know if the center caps are supposed to come with the wheels?

FWIW, I probably wasn't going to install them anyway since they seem to be pretty long and I've heard that some AR caps don't fit Toyotas.

Old 01-19-2010, 09:40 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Nope they usually cost extra unless it clearly states that center caps are included my mojave's did not come with them.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #3
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
I like those, shitty they didnt come with the caps, I never had to deal with that.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:46 PM   #4
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here It clearly states on THIS Page to the left that the center caps are not included and would cost extra.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Nope they usually cost extra unless it clearly states that center caps are included my mojave's did not come with them.
Good to know; thanks.

Quote:
Here It clearly states on THIS Page to the left that the center caps are not included and would cost extra.
Wow, thanks again. I usually catch that sort of stuff but I obviously overlooked it when ordering.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com

No prob believe me paint it black and your better off, that's what i did and i am do for a touch up.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
word. I sported the center caps/pegs for a while and they just started chipping (paint came off) and the actually end piece of the center cylinder came off. They dont hold up at all when it comes to wheeling. They lasted me like 3 months.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:58 PM   #8

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No prob believe me paint it black and your better off, that's what i did and i am do for a touch up.
Thanks yet again. I'm thinking of sanding the hub and trying to apply a pre-cut form of skateboard tape. If it doesn't take or the color doesn't match too well, I'll paint it flat black.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:07 PM   #9
Founder Socaltacomas.com

Definately post a pic i want to see what that looks like.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 AM   #11

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Definately post a pic i want to see what that looks like.
Here's a pic I took with the skateboard tape applied to the hub. I think the color matches pretty well against the teflon finish but it only has adhesive applied to the outer ring of the hub. I don't think this will hold too long.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:21 PM   #13

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
I got these wheels installed today and I'm pretty happy with how they look. I don't think I'll be able to apply the skateboard tape to the hubs so, I'll just paint them flat black this weekend.

Here are a couple of quick camera phone pics:

Old 01-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #14
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
looks good. i am in the market for new wheels.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:01 PM   #15

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
looks good. i am in the market for new wheels.
Thanks. Those crappy cell phone pics I took of them mounted on my truck don't do them justice. They look much nicer in person.

I'll post some decent pics of them this weekend after I've painted the hubs flat black and cleaned up my tires.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #16
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
center caps are overrated.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:27 PM   #17
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr View Post
center caps are overrated.
x2. never put mine on. the american racing center caps are fugly too
Old 01-20-2010, 07:28 PM   #18
go shit in your hat
brianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrianr is one of the sharper tools in the shed
brianr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
x2. never put mine on. the american racing one are fugly too

Old 01-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #19
those are one of the wheels i am looking at getting, and the kmc enduro's
Old 01-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #20
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Mine didn't come w/the caps either...I painted the hubs with Duplicolor Wheel Paint. The paint color I went with is graphite, it matches pretty well.

The paint looks a lot lighter in the pics than they do in person.

I was thinking about getting the caps but wanted the older one's like these >>> If somebody has these laying around and wants to sell them for not "an arm and a leg" PM me. They need to be from a 16" wheel though.