Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Congrats

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-19-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
wareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwareagle5693 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
wareagle5693's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wareagle5693
Congrats

to all who get different types of wheels when they lift with new tires and what not, I can't speak because, the majority of us.. me included get the Pro Comp 7089s which I did.. but after looking on jeepforum.com for a couple hours going through builds, every single jeep I saw minus maybe 2 or 3 had Cragar Soft 8's!!!!!!!!!!!

What is up with this people? I mean 3/4 whatever, but maybe 9/10 have them! I guess they look alright, but I'd much rather have something that is different and looks better than those steelies.

I didn't know where to post this so I figured I'd put it in the Wheels & Tires forum, mods yall wanna move it, you'd know better than me probably. I'd also like to say to folks looking at new wheels stray away from the 7089s please. hahah If you don't want to that's cool but anyways thought I'd say congrats to everybody here!
Old 01-20-2010, 03:29 AM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
i was looking at 7089s for my DD set, but they were backordered for months...along w/ most other wheels at the time for some reason...must have been b/c of tax time. i'm gettin me a set of 17x9 7089s for a beater trail set
Old 01-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #3
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Nearly all the jeeps on that forum probably look the same because people get on and ask... "What wheels should I get?" People always seem to push what they have... therefore, many jeeps end up looking the same...

Looking to TW -- It's strange to see a truck on TW that doesn't remind me of another TW member's truck... same wheels, same tires, black headlights, Satoshi grill now-a-days, lights behind grill, tinted tails, yadda yadda yadda... there's not much originality when people share the same interests... there are of course, exceptions to this generalization... trucks that defy the general persuasion of the crowd here at TW...
Old 01-20-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
that defy the general persuasion of the crowd here at TW...
yeah....silverados......
Old 01-20-2010, 07:19 AM   #6
www.saveadane.org
Anathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnathollo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Anathollo's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly I have never seen the 7089's here in Houston. The main thing I see is the rockstars, chopper rims, etc...so if I were too get them in Houston I'd actually be in the original crowd as very few have them has them. And I like the 7089's a lot because it just looks good with our tacoma's. A lot of other rims people have on here I hate, but to each their own and it doesn't bother me a bit because it's THEIR truck. I think people see them and think "man that looks good, and now I know they look good, so I'm going to buy them". That's why a lot of trucks on here look alike, which I like, because it makes us our own crowd, one that WE created, and one that WE can enjoy.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #7
Sooooooper Moderator

when i originally wanted the 7089s they were ALL over fayettenam. saw em in black on tacos, fj, etc, and even saw the chrome ones on a silverado...it was redonk after a while
Old 01-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #8
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
yeah....silverados......

Don't be pissy cause you know I'm right...
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Good351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to beholdGood351 is a splendid one to behold

Good351's Tacoma Gallery
I originally wanted the 7089's, still love how they look! I was just lucky to find a set of the TRD FJ's.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post

Don't be pissy cause you know I'm right...
y u delete the first one and redo this one?
Old 01-20-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
soft 8 wheels are about the cheapest costing steel wheel to get into... D window steel wheels are now running almost 80 to 90 bux per wheel while the soft 8s for jeeps are about 45 bux each...

that makes them readily available and easy to purchase... also, steel wheels are best wheel for off roading as they are easy to pound back into shape when they hit the rocks too hard and bend...

you put an alloy wheel on, and one hit, the wheel is toast...

i once hit a big rock at about 50 mph offroad and it bent the lip of my steel wheel really bad, but the wheel held air and i made it back home that day...

was able to take a rubber mallet to the wheel without taking the tire off and pounded it back into place...

an alloy wheel would have blown up in the same situation...

as for the pro comp wheels, well, that may be a TW thing...