Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Hankook Dynapro ATM

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #1
lizard1 is on a distinguished road
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook Dynapro ATM

I'm seriously considering purchasing the listed tire within a year. I've always run BF Goodrich AT on my trucks and they have performed well. I've done a lot of research on the web and they appear to be a good quality all terrain tire.
I'd like to know if anyone has knowledge/experience regarding Hankook tires in general and/or this particular tire. I haven't found any reviews regarding the wear or average mileage of this tire.

Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

HANKOOK DYNAPRO ATM
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
GREAT. Nuff said. I've got about 2k on mine. Bought them from Discount Tire for $115/tire. Outstanding in all weather. Been in a few snow storms w/ no problems. And the look great.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I think i'm gonna run the Hankooks as well, Only 100 bucks per tire at DT and they've got a 50k Tread Warranty...
Old 01-29-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
Do the DYNAPRO have a 3 ply sidewall, like the BFG AT? Some comments on the web indicate a "soft" sidewall on the DYNAPRO. Majority of my off road driving is hard pack, sharp, rocky desert terrain.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:53 AM   #5
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
dct

Discount Tire in Austin says $124 each. How can I get $100 each. What zip code do you shop in?
Old 01-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #6
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
BFG ATs have an 8-10 ply sidewall. Hankooks only have a 3-4 ply sidewall.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
ive got 10,000 miles on mine and love them for the money.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:48 AM   #8
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
8 - 10 ply sidewall doesn't sound right. Do you mean 8 - 10 ply tire with 3 -4 ply sidewall? My BFG's have a 3 ply sidewall.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:50 AM   #9
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1 View Post
8 - 10 ply sidewall doesn't sound right. Do you mean 8 - 10 ply tire with 3 -4 ply sidewall? My BFG's have a 3 ply sidewall.
Thats what I meant. Sorry.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 AM   #10
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
I am a BFGoodrich AT guy myself. I have enjoyed running them, I would like to give other tires a try, Hankook Dynapro ATM is one option for me. A guy at discount said he can sell them to me $115/tire.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #11
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
Sure would be nice if the DYNAPRO came in an 8 - 10 ply tire. I'll have to email HANKOOK or dig deeper to find the ply rating. Thats the main reason I use BFG's - sidewall protection.

Thanks for the responses so far! Appreciate them and keep - em coming!
Old 01-29-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizard1 View Post
Sure would be nice if the DYNAPRO came in an 8 - 10 ply tire. I'll have to email HANKOOK or dig deeper to find the ply rating. Thats the main reason I use BFG's - sidewall protection.

Thanks for the responses so far! Appreciate them and keep - em coming!
They do. More pricey but they do come in E load range.
Old 01-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #13
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pataco View Post
ive got 10,000 miles on mine and love them for the money.
I know it's only my 2nd post but I would like to know how well these tires balanced. I've been lurking for some time researching the Hankooks and the General AT2s. Approx how much weight per tire would be most appreciated... Thanx, RON
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Balanced fine for me.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #15
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
One of the truck magazines (fourwheeler, or Peterson's 4-wheel off road, cant remember) did a comparison with these to the Toyo ATs and BFG ATs and they came out on top in they're opinion.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:52 PM   #16
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSRON View Post
I know it's only my 2nd post but I would like to know how well these tires balanced. I've been lurking for some time researching the Hankooks and the General AT2s. Approx how much weight per tire would be most appreciated... Thanx, RON
im gonna say 4 to 5oz a wheel +or -.they looked real good spinning on the balancer.
Old 01-30-2010, 11:25 PM   #17
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I just got a set of these installed yesterday and there smooth as silk! I went into the desert for about an hour to try em out and they're solid off road...great traction! I got em at Discount and they sere $585 out the door...including the warranties and everything! These are just a temp tire for me and you can't beat the price and quality honestly!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM   #18
GSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of lightGSRON is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Ron
GSRON's Tacoma Gallery
Thanx for the help. Ordering this eve.....
Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM   #19
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
im on my second set of the hankook M/T's..not the A/T's thats mentioned in this topic but i love my hankooks..it's why i'm on my second set now!