Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Which one should I go with????

View Poll Results: What tire and wheel size combo????
35x12.5x18 24 77.42%
35x12.5x20 2 6.45%
Other 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-29-2010, 07:59 PM   #1
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

dgalleon's Tacoma Gallery
Which one should I go with????

I am stuck between 2 different wheel setups.... 35x12.5x18 or 35x12.5x20

I originally wanted to go with the 18 wheels but was convinced by a few buddies that I should just go with the 20's since they go well with 35's.... LET me know what you think and please throw in some suggestions as well thanks!!!!

btw im either going with BFG KM2 or Nitto Mud Grapplers.....

thanks again!
Old 01-29-2010, 08:03 PM   #2
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andrew
AriZonaD54's Tacoma Gallery
Go Nitto Trail Grapplers!!! I love mine!!

Old 01-29-2010, 08:04 PM   #3
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Im all for the bigger tires but bigger rims Im not to sure about but If I had to pick one I'd say the 18's, but I would still go smaller.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
dgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to beholddgalleon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Go Nitto Trail Grapplers!!! I love mine!!

Wow! those are Trail Grapplers!!!??? maybe I should look into those instead!!! what size are those?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:11 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
Im all for the bigger tires but bigger rims Im not to sure about but If I had to pick one I'd say the 18's, but I would still go smaller.

Yea definitely Im for bigger tires too! but with the 6 inch Procomp lift kit i need atleast 18" or else it wont clear.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:12 PM   #6
BANNED in 49 states...
AriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAriZonaD54 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Those are 295/70/17s. Its like 33.8" or something.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AriZonaD54 View Post
Those are 295/70/17s. Its like 33.8" or something.

From the pictures you posted the offset looks about PERFECT to what I want! whats the specs on those wheels?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:19 PM   #8
SwampThing07 will become famous soon enoughSwampThing07 will become famous soon enough
SwampThing07's Tacoma Gallery
Get the lift first!lol jk man
Old 01-29-2010, 08:21 PM   #9
( . )( . )
Stillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shedStillfly199 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: J.D.
Stillfly199's Tacoma Gallery
18 for sure. I wouls go with a 33" on 18's, but that is my opinion. But definatley 18's
Old 01-29-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
BANNED in 49 states...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgalleon View Post
From the pictures you posted the offset looks about PERFECT to what I want! whats the specs on those wheels?
They are -4.5 offsets. 17x9
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #11

Hey Andrew how does the Nitto Trail Grappler handle in Wet conditions?
Old 01-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with 18's. What's the price difference between 18" and 20" rubber? I'm guessing the 20" tires would cost quite a bit more.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampThing07 View Post
Get the lift first!lol jk man

lol right when tax refunds come in then I can get EVERYTHING paid off and ready to install!

lol
Old 01-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKTRD6SP View Post
I would go with 18's. What's the price difference between 18" and 20" rubber? I'm guessing the 20" tires would cost quite a bit more.

Yea, Discount tire quoted me higher for the 20" tires and wheels. I understood the 20" wheel for costing more but didnt expect the tires would go up as well
Old 01-29-2010, 08:28 PM   #15
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea definitely Im for bigger tires too! but with the 6 inch Procomp lift kit i need atleast 18" or else it wont clear.

I did not know that, so I change my vote to the 18's.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:30 PM   #16
BANNED in 49 states...

Quote:
Hey Andrew how does the Nitto Trail Grappler handle in Wet conditions?
They handle fine. All Terrains will handle better than Mud Terrains (ie, Trail Grapplers and KM2s) but they do just fine.

I'd say go with 17" wheels. I like the look of more tire than more wheel.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #17

Quote:
I did not know that, so I change my vote to the 18's.

Yea, I wanted to stay with 16 or 17's but i guess from what im hearing on here, I should probably go with the 18"
Old 01-29-2010, 08:32 PM   #18

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah my MT's are iffy on pavement in the wet conditions, but I love them for off roading.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #20

Quote:
Yeah my MT's are iffy on pavement in the wet conditions, but I love them for off roading.

what kind of M/Ts do you have? Any pics?