1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will wheels fit with no lift

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Houston-76, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Jan 30, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    Houston-76

Houston-76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montgomery Co Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 trd pr dcsb
    Tinted windows - weathertech floor mats - removed front mudflaps - no seatbelt chime mod - fogs on anytime mod - Borla catback exhaust - afe throttle body spacer - K&n filter - Kmc Xd hoss wheels 17X9 4.5 backspace - rubbers are 275/65 17 yokahama geolander a/t's - Maxtrac 4" lift spindles - allpro standard leafsprings - 1.25 rear wheel spacers - arctic white headlights and fogs - kings coming soon - supercharger coming later
    I need to know if i can run some kmc hoss wheels on my 08 trd sport prerunner without a lift . I called my local 4 wheel parts store and they said they would need me to bring it in to see.:confused: the stock trd sport wheels are 17x7.5, +30mm offset, 5.5 back spacing. the kmc hosses i want come in either 17x9, -12mm offset, 4.53 backspace or a 17x9 , 18mm offset, 5.71 backspace. I need to know witch would be as close to stock as possible so i dont go with the wrong setup. also if i can run my bridgstone dueller 265 65 r17's until i can get sone at's. Thanks :D

1141.jpg

2. Jan 30, 2010 at 10:41 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    the 4.5 should be better because in the future you will not have any trouble with your tires clearing the ucas if you are going to get 285s. but 4 wheel parts have very very bad info.

3. Jan 31, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    dbronzo

dbronzo Protected by Armor Tech Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 w/ some Mods
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    I would probably go with the 4.53BS wheel. If you go with the 5.71BS it will put your rim closer to rubbing on the UCA or the sway bar. Also if you decide to lift in the future you will not need to get new wheels. The biggest difference that you will see is the tire will sit out of the wheel well alittle bit.

As far as using the stack tire, you should be able to find a tire person to put that tire on that rim.

good luck with your decision

4. Jan 31, 2010 at 6:53 AM
    The_Hodge

The_Hodge Volunteer Moderator

Member:
    SC
    Vehicle:
    15 Lariat Sport 5.0L
    Seeing the third gen section forced me to get a Ford...
    u probably can run that 265 on that 9" rim, bug it will look dumb. u've got 9" of rim and 10.5" of tire.... and i second the 4.5" BS wheel

5. Feb 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    Houston-76

Houston-76 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montgomery Co Tx
    Vehicle:
    08 trd pr dcsb
    Tinted windows - weathertech floor mats - removed front mudflaps - no seatbelt chime mod - fogs on anytime mod - Borla catback exhaust - afe throttle body spacer - K&n filter - Kmc Xd hoss wheels 17X9 4.5 backspace - rubbers are 275/65 17 yokahama geolander a/t's - Maxtrac 4" lift spindles - allpro standard leafsprings - 1.25 rear wheel spacers - arctic white headlights and fogs - kings coming soon - supercharger coming later
    Thanks for the input guys, it really helped. :) I acually made up three templates to model the cross section of the wheels. Drew them on paper and lined them up to cross reference the difference between the three. Im going with the - 12mm offset, 4.53" backspace. it will stick out 2 1/4" more than stock wheels and i gain 1'' on the inside to give me more room after a lift and some 285'S :cool:

Products Discussed in

To Top