Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

what do the toyota 16" alloy wheels look like?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2010, 02:12 PM   #1
rraabb11 is on a distinguished road
rraabb11's Tacoma Gallery
what do the toyota 16" alloy wheels look like?

its a $400 option:
16" Alloy Wheels, P245/75R16 Tires

MSRP: $400.00

code: ALAT

I cant find a picture of it anywhere, can anyone show me please?

thanks!
Old 02-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
Here are my 16's
Old 02-03-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
If you live in the Gulf Coast area, the "16 alloy option" will look like this. They are chrome plated aluminum.

The wheels that 08armytaco posted are the "rugged trail" edition, which have then been painted or powdercoated black. They come with silver paint from the factory.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #4
911-3.2 is on a distinguished road

911-3.2's Tacoma Gallery
I have the alloy wheel option and they look just like the ones on the TRD Off Road model minus the Rugged Trail tires.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #5
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I like the Gulf State wheels the best. I know others like the black wheels better, but that is just not my style.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:36 AM   #6
Three Percenter
SampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shedSampleFool is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Steve
SampleFool's Tacoma Gallery
I only like the black on black, silver and white taco's every other color should have a little shine to them imo.
Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #7
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
Im gonna paint my Gulf states rims this weekend hopefully if I get my truck back...And I hope they look good.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:05 AM   #8
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
Im gonna paint my Gulf states rims this weekend hopefully if I get my truck back...And I hope they look good.
Painting chrome is very difficult. Most would recommend sandblasting them if you want the paint to last.

That being said, be sure to post up some pics of what you did and the finished product.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:57 AM   #9
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough

Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwatertaco View Post
don't paint them...they are chrome.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:09 PM   #10
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
don't paint them...they are chrome.
Powder coating would be an option
Old 02-07-2010, 10:26 AM   #11
rraabb11 is on a distinguished road
rraabb11's Tacoma Gallery
i found it-here is a pic from the dealership
Attached Thumbnails
what do the toyota 16" alloy wheels look like?-038.jpg