Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

big lift,big tires speedo way off

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 05:27 AM   #1
grizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grizzbear's Tacoma Gallery
big lift,big tires speedo way off

does anyone know of a way to get my speedo up correct
example if im driving 45mph in my truck my tomtom and my gps say im doing 52mph
thanks
Old 02-11-2010, 10:08 AM   #2
pataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud ofpataco has much to be proud of
pataco's Tacoma Gallery
u could mount that tom tom in place of your speedo.jk.i know its real easy on jeeps to replace the speedo gear,not sure whats involved on our trucks though.good luck.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
re-gear the truck (front and rear diffs)
Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #4
Tsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud ofTsenekos has much to be proud of

Name: Greg
Tsenekos's Tacoma Gallery
I think you can buy a speedo corrector kit not sure where but I think Ive seen them out there somewhere, Im sure someone else will chime in
Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 AM   #5
Banchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud ofBanchi94 has much to be proud of

Name: Ron
Banchi94's Tacoma Gallery
Try this: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Hypertech...6297&t_pl=2708

This is an inline module that you just need to add. I hear it works well.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:16 AM   #6
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
You can get it recalibrated at a shop, or buy it yourself and do it yourself.
You dont need to re-gear.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #7
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
this will tell you the dif. from the stock tires to the new size

tire size calculator
Old 02-11-2010, 10:20 AM   #8
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
re-gear the truck (front and rear diffs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
You can get it recalibrated at a shop, or buy it yourself and do it yourself.
You dont need to re-gear.
RE-GEAR!!! - it will be more fun and better money spent - that is unless your off roading consists of your driveway and the off ramp to the mall!
Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
RE-GEAR!!! - it will be more fun and better money spent - that is unless your off roading consists of your driveway and the off ramp to the mall!
Hes still gonna have his speed off hes gonna have better RPM's if he re-gears, but he's talking about his speed being off.
He needs to buy TRUSPEED
Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My response is from loosing a R&P when I thought - I don't need to re-gear - but like I said, if the idea of off roading is level ground - no problem. But if that's what your doing why get bigger wheels - these trucks do pretty well with the stock stuff if you are not wheeling hard. Plus if you keep the stock stuff, when the r&p or other driveline components go, the warranty will still work. With larger wheels and tires they may reject the claim.

GO BIG! or stay small. The choice is yours!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:01 PM   #11
grizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shedgrizzbear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
grizzbear's Tacoma Gallery
regearing is in the plans! but im looking for a easy fix! ill just keep using the gps and tomtom
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #12
Ban Pending

Quote:
Originally Posted by grizzbear View Post
regearing is in the plans! but im looking for a easy fix! ill just keep using the gps and tomtom
Perfect! I use my droid but now after regearing I'm pretty damn close.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #13
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchi94 View Post
Try this: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Hypertech...6297&t_pl=2708

This is an inline module that you just need to add. I hear it works well.
They don't have one for the V6
Old 04-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
I looked at your avatar and it says your in Montana. Don't know where but the quick fix is to get new speedo gears. Here is a local speedo shop in Billings. If this is too far then google "Speedometer repair shops in (your city + Montana). good luck.

Speedometer & Auto Electric

maps.google.com
1021 3rd Avenue North
Billings, MT 59101-2506
(406) 259-9654