Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 09:58 PM   #21
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
I absolutley love mine. put... (calculating here) about 12,000 miles (crap, time to rotate them again!) on them so far and no excessive wear noticed.
the thing I like the most so far, is when I take them off road to play I don't even really have to air them down! No spinning, slipping or anything, just grab and go.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:46 PM   #22
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
now heres another question?

with our back ends so light ( carbon fiber bed ) i found the best tire pressure to run is
32 psi up front, 24 psi in the rear.
came up with this doing the chalk line test, like i do with all my tires.
And now, any time i run over gravel or dirt or wet pavement, something that sticks to the tires, it still shows complete coverage of the tires with a hint of the outer edges not getting to much.
in other words, a perfect pattern.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 PM   #23
TMCAEG is on a distinguished road
TMCAEG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post

with our back ends so light ( carbon fiber bed ) i found the best tire pressure to run is
And now, any time i run over gravel or dirt or wet pavement, something that sticks to the tires, it still shows complete coverage of the tires with a hint of the outer edges not getting to much.
How do you find grip like that? Do the sidewalls flex at all. I'm still running the RF at about 5/32nds and they SUCK. I was going up a wet paved road and would lose grip in 3rd at about 1/3-1/2throttle at 55KM/H...
Old 02-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #24
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL697 View Post
These are about as close to a MT that you can get, but still have a tread wear warranty...
That was a great comment! rep
Old 02-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #25
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCAEG View Post
How do you find grip like that? Do the sidewalls flex at all. I'm still running the RF at about 5/32nds and they SUCK. I was going up a wet paved road and would lose grip in 3rd at about 1/3-1/2throttle at 55KM/H...

Look at the picture of my truck at the begining of the thread.
That is the tires at 32/24, not saggy or anything.
I know it sounds weard, but these psi have been great.
Doing 75/80 mph on the highway, in the mud, on the snow.
At 32 psi in the rear, the rear tires would only wear in the center because of the back end being so light. so after trial and error with the chalk test, it did take a few days, found 32/24 gave me the best results.
And i have had them like that since i bought the tires in the summer.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #26
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

What is the tire size you have for that?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:21 PM   #27
Tacotronn
TacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoTron is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
TacoTron's Tacoma Gallery
damn I'm gonna have to try these duratracs out in 35s i like them more then the km2s
Old 02-11-2010, 11:24 PM   #28
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
What is the tire size you have for that?
265/75R16

Old 02-12-2010, 05:46 AM   #29
jester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjester156 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jester156's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to jester156
is your TPSM disabled with such a difference in pressure?

Quote:

Old 02-12-2010, 06:35 AM   #31
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Duratrac's (265/75/R16) for about 7,000 miles now and have no complaints whatsoever. They have been rotated once and I could hardly see much tread wear. It's been snowing here like crazy for the past couple weeks and they have performed well on ice and deep snow. I do not carry any weight, like sand bags, in the bed. I run 32 psi in the front and rear tires. If I know that I'm going to be loading something heavy in the bed, I air up the rear tires to 35 psi.
Old 02-12-2010, 06:58 AM   #32
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i was just doin some quick research on these tires. if you look up by my vehicle they dont show up, but if you look up by tire size (245 75 16) they show up in a search on tirerack. is it just becuase they dont reccomend this tire for my truck?

also, i'm wondering how much they would kill my 4 banger...i'd hate to put tires on it and turn my truck into a snail. they oem tires for the truck weigh about 34 lbs according to tire rack, the goodyears in my size weigh 40 lbs load range c. looks like everyone that posted up a reply havin these tires has the 6 cylinder
Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 AM   #33
Rookie
MidNightLyle84 is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
MidNightLyle84's Tacoma Gallery
Gettin rid of my shitty stock tires and buying a set of 265/70/17 duratracs in like a month and a half can't effin wait.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:27 AM   #34
doodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud ofdoodle_cakes has much to be proud of
doodle_cakes's Tacoma Gallery
How are these for driving on dry roads around town and highways? Is the ride much rougher or too noisy compared to something like BF ATs?

I'm rocking BF ATs right now and I'm really not overly impressed with them, especially with how much praise they always get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
also, i'm wondering how much they would kill my 4 banger...i'd hate to put tires on it and turn my truck into a snail. they oem tires for the truck weigh about 34 lbs according to tire rack, the goodyears in my size weigh 40 lbs load range c. looks like everyone that posted up a reply havin these tires has the 6 cylinder
I think you would be fine, an extra 24 lbs is nothing really. I swapped my stocks for some larger BF ATs and I have had no problem on my 4banger.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #35
VeNoMiZeD is on a distinguished road
VeNoMiZeD's Tacoma Gallery
Where are you guys buying them? Locally or Internet? Whats the best deal out on these tires? Thanks, I plan on buying them in about a week or two. If I can get my local Les Schwab to match or close to, I would rather do it that way.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:46 AM   #36
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post
Where are you guys buying them? Locally or Internet? Whats the best deal out on these tires? Thanks, I plan on buying them in about a week or two. If I can get my local Les Schwab to match or close to, I would rather do it that way.
I bought mine at discounttiredirect.com......no tax or shipping charges when I bought mine. I think my total was about $636 for all four.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #37

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...lr=*&x=28&y=12

Looks like the price has gone up since I bought mine....total cost now would be $700
Old 02-12-2010, 07:50 AM   #38
xfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
xfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Love mine. Can't comment on snow or offroad, I live in Downtown Houston. Way better on the crappy roads, less dancing in the rear.
They do really well in the rain (had plenty of that). Best looking, most aggressive looking tire on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeNoMiZeD View Post
Discount Tire; 1029.00 out the door. I shopped around and if you factor in shipping and the PITA of having to load them up and take them to a tire shop, paying for mounting and balancing, came out to about the same money.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:51 AM   #39
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait till my stockers wear out so I can buy the Duratracs. These RT's suck!!
Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #40
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillynwv View Post
I bought mine at discounttiredirect.com......no tax or shipping charges when I bought mine. I think my total was about $636 for all four.
For 265/75/16, 4 tires itself after rebate is $620. Goodyear rebate is $20/tire at discounttiredirect.com.

Products Discussed in this Thread