Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-12-2010, 08:11 AM   #41
ElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shedElectronMan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ElectronMan's Tacoma Gallery
That is a great looking tire. Are the tires noisy on roadways, highways, etc.?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:12 AM   #42
WVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shedWVtriple is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
WVtriple's Tacoma Gallery
Could not be happier

I had the Duratracs (265/75/16's) mounted for about a month now, and have just a hair under 1k miles on them. They have been impressively quite on the highway. As far as the snow goes, they have been tested into snow that was up to the bottom of the door panel, and plowed through without a hint of tire slip. I have had many A/T type tires over the years and so far these are near the top of my list, we'll see how long they last.
Attached Thumbnails
Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's-dsc09157.jpg  
Old 02-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #43
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running 30 psi front and rear...

I paid $160 per tire form my local Discount Tire Store. THey were supposed to be ~$185, but I made them price match the quote I got from 4wheelparts wholesalers...

I mounted and balanced them myself, but as long as I call Discount Tire when I rotate and balance, they will honor the tread life warranty of 40,000 miles...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:35 AM   #44
danteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud ofdanteisme has much to be proud of
danteisme's Tacoma Gallery
i know no one should really care about this but im gonna ask it anyway. im thinkin of gettin this in the 245 75 16, and like i said before it weighs roughly 6lbs more per tire than the stock duncraps. im gettin 25 mpg now, how much you think that added weight will drop it down? if it drops it drastically, thats a pretty expensive mistake for me to make.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #45
xfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
xfactor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL697 View Post
I'm running 30 psi front and rear...

I paid $160 per tire form my local Discount Tire Store. THey were supposed to be ~$185, but I made them price match the quote I got from 4wheelparts wholesalers...

I mounted and balanced them myself, but as long as I call Discount Tire when I rotate and balance, they will honor the tread life warranty of 40,000 miles...
Cool! How did you mount and balance the tires yourself?
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #46
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by danteisme View Post
i know no one should really care about this but im gonna ask it anyway. im thinkin of gettin this in the 245 75 16, and like i said before it weighs roughly 6lbs more per tire than the stock duncraps. im gettin 25 mpg now, how much you think that added weight will drop it down? if it drops it drastically, thats a pretty expensive mistake for me to make.
I went from a 265/70/16 to the 265/75/16 Duratracs, and so far, I've only seen about a 1-2 mpg difference, and part of that is probably due to how far my speedometer was off before I changed tire sizes... It is almost dead on since switching to the 265/75/16's... Before, my truck was actually registering more miles than I was actually travelling by about 5%...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #47
Middle-Aged Member
05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed05Moose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
05Moose's Tacoma Gallery
I considered these by going from an AT tire to this. For those going to the Duratracs from an MT, this won't be an issue. But for those in snow/ice country, I would think twice. They begin as an AT tire, but will end up an MT tire because of the short siping. I would like to hear the following back from those with these tires:

How many miles on them before the siping disappeared since the siping only extends down about one third of the tread depth?

This is the only reason I have to pass on these tires. Love the looks, and everyone's giving them great reviews. But I gotta think safety when winter hits and there's no more siping.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:44 AM   #48
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor View Post
Cool! How did you mount and balance the tires yourself?
Perks of my crappy job...

I have access to a lift, tire machine, and balancer in our shop at work...

I'm a heavy equipment operator for the city - public works department...
Old 02-12-2010, 08:52 AM   #49
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post
I considered these by going from an AT tire to this. For those going to the Duratracs from an MT, this won't be an issue. But for those in snow/ice country, I would think twice. They begin as an AT tire, but will end up an MT tire because of the short siping. I would like to hear the following back from those with these tires:

How many miles on them before the siping disappeared since the siping only extends down about one third of the tread depth?

This is the only reason I have to pass on these tires. Love the looks, and everyone's giving them great reviews. But I gotta think safety when winter hits and there's no more siping.
If/when they wear down past the siping, they can be re-siped... Most AT tires are only siped 1/3 to 1/2 the tread depth... If mine present a problem here in the mountains of CO, I'll set the depth I want on a utility knife and re-sipe them myself...
Old 02-12-2010, 09:12 AM   #50
xfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shedxfactor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
xfactor's Tacoma Gallery
These tires do have some bad reviews, mostly from full size trucks,
F250s, etc. Someone said it was like driving on basketballs, haven't
experienced anything like that.

Seems the price is always higher than you think. Tires, mounting,
balancing, rebuilt the TPMS's, tax, etc. Thought I had the total in
my head, wrong. Still better to get them from a dealer IMO.

I bought 33" Toyo M/Ts (cheaper online) for my 07 Jeep, had them
delivered to my office motor freight. Freakin' things were HEAVY,
like to busted a nut lugging them in and out (twice) to have them
mounted. All said and done, don't think it was worth it to save
a few bucks. Maybe I'm just getting old and lazy

Just my .02
Old 02-12-2010, 09:43 AM   #51
Outlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura aboutOutlaw has a spectacular aura about

Outlaw's Tacoma Gallery
265/70/17 C's here[IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Billy/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's-new-truck-002.jpg
Max PSI is 50lbs on this tire.
I first had them at 29 psi front and back.
I thought they felt a little soft to me at that PSI.
So i bumped up to 40 in the front and about 37 in the rear.
They still ride great. not stiff at all.
Havent done the chock test yet.
I love them. i love how they changed the appearance of my truck.
I love how well they do in snow. Rarely do i go in 4wd.
They are slick on ice. isnt every tire?
I like the slight hum they have around 65 mph. not loud at all. just a nice hum.
I love these tires. Love them!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:50 AM   #52
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Im about to buy them, i heard and read that they are really good.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #53
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL697 View Post
I went from a 265/70/16 to the 265/75/16 Duratracs, and so far, I've only seen about a 1-2 mpg difference, and part of that is probably due to how far my speedometer was off before I changed tire sizes... It is almost dead on since switching to the 265/75/16's... Before, my truck was actually registering more miles than I was actually travelling by about 5%...
Can you post some pics of your new 265/75's? Do you have the TSB springs or level the front any?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:11 PM   #55
MattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the roughMattN03 is a jewel in the rough

Name: Matt
MattN03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
Check the OP's pix on the first page for 265/75/16s.
He has TSB and front billstein 5100s.
Oops! Thanks!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #56
Chester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant futureChester has a brilliant future

Chester's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been all about getting these tires since christmas with all the great reviews on tire dealer websites.Did the rim paint mod last month to compliment them.But I came across a deal on a aftermarket rim and BFG M/T deal off a wrecked truck and the tires are near new still in limbo on it.OP truck looks great!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #57
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectronMan View Post
That is a great looking tire. Are the tires noisy on roadways, highways, etc.?

I think outlaw put it best, a slight hum on the highway.
Rode nice and smooth doing 75 on the highway today
Old 02-12-2010, 03:34 PM   #58
Ancient or so i'm told
64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed64Wildcat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Denis
64Wildcat's Tacoma Gallery
I've had them on since October,so far i really like them.
They look good and have been great in the snow.

Denis
Old 02-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #59
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Moose View Post

Well i live in buffalo, and snow has been on the ground since november. I havent had any problems. Im sure the siping is about the same as regular snow tires. The siping is just one feature of the tire, but its the tread design that is promoted as the snow feature. And if you need more traction than that , the tire can be studded.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #60
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jester156 View Post
is your TPSM disabled with such a difference in pressure?

yea the light is on with the difference, dont even notice is anymore.

Products Discussed in this Thread