LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 03:16 AM   #1561
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
How are those Hurcules Trail Diggers holding up? I have about 52,000 on my Duratracs and have considered going with a few different tires but am afraid I'll just compare whatever I buy to the Duratracs. They're not cheap but I'm amazed that I've gotten as many miles as I have out of such an agressive tire. Will need new sneaks before the snow flies this year but I plowed a LOT of snow last year with 45,000 mile Duratracs. Just great tires...
They have been holding up great. Really liking the Hercs. I got them back in February and they haven't seen snow yet. Not sure how they are going to do but I was planning on siping them if need be. Being from NH I don't know if this would be the best choice of tire, pretty much all MTs sick in the snow.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 AM   #1562
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
They have been holding up great. Really liking the Hercs. I got them back in April so they haven't seen snow yet. Not sure how they are going to do but I was planning on siping them if need be. Being from NH I don't know if this would be the best choice of tire, pretty much all MTs sick in the snow.
Thanks for the info...definitely won't be able to go with a mud terrain with how I use my truck. I WISH I was in mud more! Was just looking to see if your initial thought was "these are great" or "I miss my Duratracs". I really can't figure out why I'd go with another tire. Maybe to save a few $$$ but I'm sure I'd regret it quickly with either tire noise, uneven wear, or the first time I got stuck. The Duratracs have just been amazing.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 AM   #1563
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusher View Post
Thanks for the info...definitely won't be able to go with a mud terrain with how I use my truck. I WISH I was in mud more! Was just looking to see if your initial thought was "these are great" or "I miss my Duratracs". I really can't figure out why I'd go with another tire. Maybe to save a few $$$ but I'm sure I'd regret it quickly with either tire noise, uneven wear, or the first time I got stuck. The Duratracs have just been amazing.
I've never had that regret moment with the Hercs. Do I miss my Duratacs? We will see when the snow flies. We don't really get that much here otherwise I would have opted for the Duratacs again, awesome snow tire.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #1564
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
I wish it would snow here just so I can play in the snow
Maybe just for a couple weeks year tho...
Old 09-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #1565
Running For Mayor of TW
richardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrichardbui23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
richardbui23's Tacoma Gallery
so DURATRAC vs BFG AT's as far as wet/dry/snow and wear and tire who wins?
Old 09-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #1566
SkottK62 is on a distinguished road
SkottK62's Tacoma Gallery
A matter of preference really. Niether will be a loser. Win-Win
Old 09-06-2013, 09:54 PM   #1567
reece54 is on a distinguished road

Name: Reece
reece54's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running 285's in the rear stock height and 3in lift in front?
Old 09-07-2013, 12:53 PM   #1568
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardbui23 View Post
so DURATRAC vs BFG AT's as far as wet/dry/snow and wear and tire who wins?
I've run both! Duratracs are a much better snow and ice tire! not that the BFG's are a bad snow tire, the Duratrac's are just better!
Old 09-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #1569
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
Are you guys buying the C or E rating? I spent the extra bucks and got E. I have 30,000+ miles on them (cross country and back plus other trips north and south of NY). The lip on the edge of the treads are still there. 10/32 left on the tires. Legit!

I told myself I'd lift it once the tires were worn out. Guess I will be waiting awhile
Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #1570
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfway72 View Post
Are you guys buying the C or E rating? I spent the extra bucks and got E. I have 30,000+ miles on them (cross country and back plus other trips north and south of NY). The lip on the edge of the treads are still there. 10/32 left on the tires. Legit!

I told myself I'd lift it once the tires were worn out. Guess I will be waiting awhile
I'm running E's. got almost 40,000 on my first set. I'm at just over 10,000 on my second set. I'm rotating 5 this time around. I could've gotten another 5,000 or so out of the last set, but snow was on the way and I didn't want to stretch them out on snowy roads!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #1571
halfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shedhalfway72 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ben
halfway72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by udy2554 View Post
I'm running E's. got almost 40,000 on my first set. I'm at just over 10,000 on my second set. I'm rotating 5 this time around. I could've gotten another 5,000 or so out of the last set, but snow was on the way and I didn't want to stretch them out on snowy roads!
Nice man. What size are you running?
Old 09-08-2013, 09:06 AM   #1572
mikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Mike
mikeag11's Tacoma Gallery
I really want a set of these tires...I think they look awesome. However, I live in Texas and only see snow once or twice every other year. Would I be wasting my money on these tires? The only off roading I do is in the sand at the beach. So I would mainly just be buying these tires cause of they way they look...
Old 09-08-2013, 10:47 AM   #1573
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeag11 View Post
I really want a set of these tires...I think they look awesome. However, I live in Texas and only see snow once or twice every other year. Would I be wasting my money on these tires? The only off roading I do is in the sand at the beach. So I would mainly just be buying these tires cause of they way they look...
I'm in the same situation as you, but I still love my tires! I drive in soft sand without airing down. I'm sure it would be even better aired down, but i'm too lazy

With my new front bumper, I can see even more of my tire!
Old 09-08-2013, 10:51 AM   #1574
Banned
DdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shedDdayIsNear is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Crazy
DdayIsNear's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeag11 View Post
Look at a set of treadwrightsget 4 shipped for under $600
Old 09-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #1575
NORTHERN RED-NECK

udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfway72 View Post
Nice man. What size are you running?
First set were 285/70 17's on stock Sport wheels with 1.25" spacers. Second set is the same size tire on 17x9 wheels with 4.5" backspace, no spacers. I do wish I had gone with an 8" wheel instead to cut back on the amount of rubbing I get!
Old 09-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #1576
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
I like mine, 265/75/16's.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:41 PM   #1578

They drive pretty well on coral beaches and lava rock too

Old 09-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #1579
mikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to beholdmikeag11 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
I got 'em because of the way they look. I almost NEVER drive off road, and live in NM where we see an inch of snow a year, if that. Nothing wrong with buying a set of tires cuz they look nice. I guarantee 90% of the dudes running 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers on their Ford F-250/350/450 etc. never take their trucks off road. They run them for looks and looks alone.
It took me about 20 min to read what you said cause your sig was distracting me . Yeah, makes sense...I like them too much to not get them.
Old 09-08-2013, 05:52 PM   #1580

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
They drive pretty well on coral beaches and lava rock too

Dude. That's an awesome picture!

Products Discussed in this Thread