Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2013, 05:58 PM   #1581
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bullaculla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeag11 View Post
It took me about 20 min to read what you said cause your sig was distracting me . Yeah, makes sense...I like them too much to not get them.
I can't even read that post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeag11 View Post
Dude. That's an awesome picture!
Thanks!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #1582
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
I can't even read that post...

Thanks!
What did it say?
Old 09-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #1584
bullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbullaculla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellsbay View Post
What did it say?
No idea. Something about boobs?
Old 09-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #1585
Tackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to beholdTackz is a splendid one to behold

Tackz's Tacoma Gallery
I just clicked over 48k on mine & they're STILL in decent shape! I put about 30% off road & 70 street. I'm pretty amazed! I don't have time to get a pic atm, but believe me, they've still got a good bit of life. Regular rotation & about 32-34 psi. Definitely plan on getting another set.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #1586
hellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shedhellsbay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hellsbay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullaculla View Post
No idea. Something about boobs?
I am saving up for some Pelfreybuilt stuff.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #1587
07TacomaDan45 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
07TacomaDan45's Tacoma Gallery
Update on duratrac's lifespan:
Well, it was finally time to replace my duratracs the other week. I got 75,000 miles out of those tires! Pretty good, if you ask me. They were almost down to the tread wear strips. I rotated every 5,000 miles. I liked these tires soooo much I got them again! Just thought I'd let people know how much mileage they can potentially get out of these tires.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #1588

That's awesome!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:03 AM   #1589
PutterClutch
SconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSconnieHailer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
SconnieHailer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacomaDan45 View Post
Well, it was finally time to replace my duratracs the other week. I got 75,000 miles out of those tires! Pretty good, if you ask me. They were almost down to the tread wear strips. I rotated every 5,000 miles. I liked these tires soooo much I got them again! Just thought I'd let people know how much mileage they can potentially get out of these tires.

I've got 23,000 on mine. Lots of hard offroad miles on them too with some good sidewall scrub. I do have the E rated so they've taken the rock abuse pretty well I think. I wont be getting 75k out of my set but I've got probably another 20k left.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 AM   #1590
HB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to allHB Taco is a name known to all
HB Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07TacomaDan45 View Post
That's awesome! Must be mostly hwy I would guess. The other thing is some folks push them till they are almost bald. In any case that's got to be a record for them. I have about 20k mi on mine and they are around 10/32. When they get to 3-4/32 they are done IMO.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:09 AM   #1591
Because 4R
Wishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedWishbone Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
Wishbone Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdoheny View Post
I love mine! Will probably pick up another set when these go.
Those wheels look sick, had never seen them before
Old 10-03-2013, 05:19 PM   #1592
LimPShoT is on a distinguished road
LimPShoT's Tacoma Gallery
How is the highway noise? Wet pavement performance? 2 biggest things I need I'n tires.
Old 10-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #1594
Picked up a set of duratracs today surprised how quiet they are for such an aggressive looking tire . Only have 10 miles on em so far hopefully I will get many miles put of them.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #1595
450rider is on a distinguished road
450rider's Tacoma Gallery
There is a set of these on craigslist and they only have about 100 miles on them. Do you think I should get them? I am wanting to get a set studded. Do you know of any place that would stud them? P.s I could get them for 700, maybe less but they are 265/75/16 I have not called the person yet so I don't know if they are C or E rated. Thanks
Old 10-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #1596
700 then considering mounting balancing for another 80 you could get new tires see if y poi can get them for 600. That is unless they are e rated which seem to run about 30-40 more a tire. I am sure any tire shop could put studs in them.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #1597
NORTHERN RED-NECK
udy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shedudy2554 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
udy2554's Tacoma Gallery
You probably don't want to stud a tire that's been run down the road. Any little stone that made it into a stud hole could wear through and cause a leak!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:25 PM   #1598
07TacomaDan45 is on a distinguished road

Name: Dan
07TacomaDan45's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Taco View Post
That's awesome! Must be mostly hwy I would guess. The other thing is some folks push them till they are almost bald. In any case that's got to be a record for them. I have about 20k mi on mine and they are around 10/32. When they get to 3-4/32 they are done IMO.
For the past 2 years it has been highway miles Before that I did take them offroad occasionally. And yeah, I probably pushed them a little bit more then I should have. The center of the tread was getting pretty worn down, but the outsides of the tire still had a little more to go. I figured I should get new tires, cause it is going to start raining soon and didn't want to be slipping and sliding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimPShoT View Post
How is the highway noise? Wet pavement performance? 2 biggest things I need I'n tires.
Wet pavement performance is awesome in my opinion. When i'm driving in the rain I definitely trust these tires A LOT. When I drove in a huge downpour 2-3 years ago on the freeway in the duratracs, they still gripped quite well in all the water.

In my experience with the noise, when these tires are first purchased, they are very quiet. They slowly start to get louder as you put more miles on them. When I switched my old duratracs out for my new ones, I was like, "whoa! Where the hell did the noise go?!" My old duratracs that had 75,000 miles on them made quite a bit of noise in the cab of the truck.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #1599
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
I've had my Duratracs on for about two weeks now and I am definitely impressed. Have prettygood on pavement characteristics. They have a nice hum when driving but still quiet for an aggressive tire. I have a feeling though that as they wear they'll be a lot louder; any misalignments that cause uneven wearing will probably magnify the volume of these tires. They also perform very well offroad on sand, dirt, gravel, and rock. Even at higher speeds on dirt roads they maintain stability, grip, and response.

Look in the Texas Off-road Ranch and Houston BS threads for picture and video evidence on how these perform off-road.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #1600
myamada1230 is just really nicemyamada1230 is just really nicemyamada1230 is just really nicemyamada1230 is just really nicemyamada1230 is just really nice

Name: Matt
myamada1230's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed... Will be buying a set of 265/70/17 load range C in the next couple weeks

Products Discussed in this Thread