Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2013, 03:40 AM   #1641
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edpfd View Post
Town fair tire with rims... Got a great deal defiantly get the road hazard
I never buy road hazard and never needed it. To me it is kind of like buying an extended warranty.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:30 PM   #1642
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

flatblack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatblack View Post
I'm a 1st Gen'er at stock height; and I don't want (can't afford) to get into lifting my truck
I'm currently on 31 10.5 15's and would really like to move up to 16's

So, I'm trying to figure this one out too; I know the 265 75 16's will rub severely
But, I don't want to go as thin as 245; not many other options with the 16" Duratracs for a stock 1st Gen

Unless I'm missing something... so, I'm interested in what others have to say about this as well
Speak up stock-height 1st Gen folk
Anyone?!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:39 PM   #1643
Washington State University
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0352
Name: Mark
SeattleCoug's Tacoma Gallery
So go 265/75/16 and trim a lot? Get a cheap version of a lift (coils & AAL) -- $300 if you don't want to trim that much? There aren't really any good answers for your issue
Old 10-26-2013, 12:05 AM   #1644
flatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shedflatblack is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
So go 265/75/16 and trim a lot? Get a cheap version of a lift (coils & AAL) -- $300 if you don't want to trim that much? There aren't really any good answers for your issue
That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, like some magically backspaced wheel that would work
Thanks
Old 10-26-2013, 12:16 AM   #1645
SeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shedSeattleCoug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
That's what I was thinking. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something, like some magically backspaced wheel that would work
Thanks
Nah not that I'm aware of, it's always one problem or another when it comes to rubbing. No real good answer when you want bigger tires
Old 10-26-2013, 06:48 AM   #1646
RESIST
moondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoondeath is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
moondeath's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks
Before I lifted my front end I test fitted my 265/75-16 duratracs. They are on pro comp 7089s and they have 0 offset. (Which pushes they wheel and tire out away from the frame.) The tires nearly fit with the exception of rubbing while turned at about 90%. I think they were hitting the nubs that protrude out from the mud flap.

I raised the front 1.75" which stopped the mud flap rub. Now they catch the little piece in front of the tire that looks like a mini mud flap, but only in reverse while turned at about 80-90%. I'm just gonna cut the bitches off.
Old 10-26-2013, 11:29 PM   #1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post
Before I lifted my front end I test fitted my 265/75-16 duratracs. They are on pro comp 7089s and they have 0 offset. (Which pushes they wheel and tire out away from the frame.) The tires nearly fit with the exception of rubbing while turned at about 90%. I think they were hitting the nubs that protrude out from the mud flap.

I raised the front 1.75" which stopped the mud flap rub. Now they catch the little piece in front of the tire that looks like a mini mud flap, but only in reverse while turned at about 80-90%. I'm just gonna cut the bitches off.
Thanks, man!
I see from your stats that you've got a 2013; is this the truck your talking about?
If so, it's capable of fitting a larger tire than my 95.5 - I would probably have to go even taller than that
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 AM   #1648
krob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrob32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Kelly
krob32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moondeath View Post

Had the same issue with the front flap. Unscrewed it and no prob.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:55 AM   #1649
HBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allen
HBtaco02's Tacoma Gallery
I love my Dura tracs. But I need 285's with my new lift. So I may be selling my
265/75/16 about 4K miles on them..... Should have waited to buy tires but oh well...
Old 10-28-2013, 04:06 AM   #1650
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HBtaco02 View Post
I love my Dura tracs. But I need 285's with my new lift. So I may be selling my
265/75/16 about 4K miles on them..... Should have waited to buy tires but oh well...
What size lift do you have? Do you have pics of the truck with the 265's that you could share?
Old 10-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #1651
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
33x12.5x15's on the way. So excite
Old 10-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #1652

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
33x12.5x15's on the way. So excite
Pics when they come please
Old 10-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #1653
stikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shedstikle is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
stikle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So, I'm trying to figure this one out too; I know the 265 75 16's will rub severely
I went with 265/75R16 Coopers on my 1st Gen '97 at stock height. There wasn't SEVERE rubbing. There WAS rubbing at full lock from the fronts.

I removed the front mud flaps and then 20 minutes with a knife and hammer to cut the well liner and pound the pinch weld flat fixed 98% of the problem. After that there was only rubbing at full lock when going over a bump or something.

I was satisfied with the results, but it was further fixed when I added my lift and put the mud flaps back on.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #1654

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
I went with 265/75R16 Coopers on my 1st Gen '97 at stock height. There wasn't SEVERE rubbing. There WAS rubbing at full lock from the fronts.

I removed the front mud flaps and then 20 minutes with a knife and hammer to cut the well liner and pound the pinch weld flat fixed 98% of the problem. After that there was only rubbing at full lock when going over a bump or something.

I was satisfied with the results, but it was further fixed when I added my lift and put the mud flaps back on.
Thanks for the info
I was considering some Cooper AT/3's in 265 75 16
But, I keep getting sucked back into the Duratracs: Mainly, because of their performance in the snow
I've heard of plenty of folks running 265 75 16's on stock height, without rubbing at all; my buddy has some Mud Terrans on his and it only rubs at full-lock
But, (can't remember where) I've read from a couple of folks on here that, specifically, the Duratracs in 265 75 16 rub quite badly on a stock set-up

I think I'm just gonna go 31 10.5 15
I would really like to go 16; and I would really like an E rated tire
But, the amount of extra money I'd have to spend to (properly) lift my truck to fit that isn't very reasonable for me at the moment
Old 10-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #1655
stump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedstump jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
stump jumper's Tacoma Gallery
no rub on my 2009 DCSB Prerunner
Old 10-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #1656
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleCoug View Post
Pics when they come please
Before:

After!

I have some trimming to do. Thats for sure.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:30 AM   #1657
Geaux Tigers
pgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of lightpgiroua is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Royce
pgiroua's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmj View Post
Before:

After!

I have some trimming to do. Thats for sure.
Looks much better... Nice choice!
Old 10-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #1659
polox40 is on a distinguished road
polox40's Tacoma Gallery
Ordered mine last week the 265 70r 17 all sold out in Canada, Dec 7 they say, can't wait my mt/r's have done there time 75000km still 7/32 left but they hate rain and will suck this winter.
Old 10-31-2013, 08:56 PM   #1660
Av8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shedAv8er is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Taylor
Av8er's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgiroua View Post
At Goodyear getting my Duratracs put on right now...
Pics please sir!!

Products Discussed in this Thread