Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2014, 04:44 PM   #1761
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
just got Duratracs installed only a few miles on them but love them so far....so sun out today so contrast sucks
Old 02-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #1762
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
I just got 235-85-16's in load range E's,and put them on some TRD rims. I was running 285-70-17 BFG AT's up till then. I liked the BFG's, as they floated on top of the deep snow,but they just slid around too much in normal driving conditions. The Duratracks are completely different, they go down through the snow, and bite. I am very happy with them, and wish we would have installed them sooner. I run around mostly in 2 wheel drive, with a lot of weight in the back, and very rarely have 2 use 4 WD now while working in the city with unplowed side streets.
Old 02-16-2014, 07:29 AM   #1763
Hawkeye888 will become famous soon enoughHawkeye888 will become famous soon enough

Hawkeye888's Tacoma Gallery
skunkman you should post photos of that size mounted up.
Old 02-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #1764
mistaare is on a distinguished road
mistaare's Tacoma Gallery
Skunk - what size rims (width, offset, BS or Stock?) where you running with 285/70 17's? Any trimming?

I am thinking of going form 265/70 17 to 285/70's.

Any pic's of the 285's mounted?
Old 02-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #1765
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Got my new duratracs on friday 285/70R17 and then saturday got dumped on. I was powering through things in two wheel drive no problem. Compared to my old Cooper A/T's these tires are awesome!! Plus they look badass!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:16 AM   #1766
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasyota View Post
Got my new duratracs on friday 285/70R17 and then saturday got dumped on. I was powering through things in two wheel drive no problem. Compared to my old Cooper A/T's these tires are awesome!! Plus they look badass!
What size rims are you running with 285/70's? Any pics?

What kind of Cooper A/T's? I am debating between these and St Maxx's.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #1767
Salesman by trade, Gentleman by habit
Mr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr. Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brennen J
Mr. Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaare View Post
What size rims are you running with 285/70's? Any pics?

What kind of Cooper A/T's? I am debating between these and St Maxx's.
uhh 285/70/r17....that'd be a 17" wheel
Old 02-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #1768
Skunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the roughSkunkman is a jewel in the rough

Army:
Skunkman's Tacoma Gallery
I only had a couple pictures of the 285's,and they were from when I was selling them. I had them on Moto Metal 9 " rims, with 4.5 backspacing. The truck has a full 3" + in the front,with 885 X on 5100's set at zero, and a lean spacer plus a top plate spacer. I had to trim, the plastic inner fender on the front pretty hard on both sides, and would still rub when backing up at full lock. Other than that no issues, except they were too much tire for my 4 banger, and the BFG AT's stuck out to far, and held so many stones it was sandblasting my truck. Much happier with the Duratracs in 235-85-16 and put them on a set of stock TRD OR wheels.

Old 02-16-2014, 07:54 PM   #1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Biscuits View Post
uhh 285/70/r17....that'd be a 17" wheel
I am sorry, I should have been more specific. What offset and back spacing were on the rims you were running when you had 285/70 17's.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:47 PM   #1770
dakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the sheddakotasyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dakota
dakotasyota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaare View Post
I am sorry, I should have been more specific. What offset and back spacing were on the rims you were running when you had 285/70 17's.

I was running stock trd off-road wheels before on 265/70R16 Cooper's, and I'm unsure what offset and bs those had. Those coopers were the Discoverer A/T3 and I hated them. Did awful in snow and mud. The MAXX's look better though...
I'm unsure of the back spacing on my new rims but no problems with them. The offset is -12. This is what I got: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=352&typ=Truck
Old 02-17-2014, 06:09 PM   #1771
~~I'll just put the tip in...~~
AWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWF ROWD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: -SpecOPs PJ
Name: Doc
AWF ROWD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakotasyota View Post
I was running stock trd off-road wheels before on 265/70R16 Cooper's, and I'm unsure what offset and bs those had. Those coopers were the Discoverer A/T3 and I hated them. Did awful in snow and mud. The MAXX's look better though...
I'm unsure of the back spacing on my new rims but no problems with them. The offset is -12. This is what I got: http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...=352&typ=Truck
-12mm offset is around a 4.53" BS...
Old 02-17-2014, 06:37 PM   #1772
PnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPnoyBOS5 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 11B Infantryman (Vet.)
Name: chris
PnoyBOS5's Tacoma Gallery
Excellent in Snow.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:21 AM   #1773
vantacothoma is on a distinguished road
vantacothoma's Tacoma Gallery
It was gettin late but the boys wanted some fire wood, I'd say 20 minutes into the woods on a quad trail in fresh champagne pow, then pulling a u turn at the top of the hill with an empty bed in 4by was pretty damn impressive. 285/70/17's mind blown
Attached Thumbnails
Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's-image.jpg  
Old 02-19-2014, 12:41 AM   #1774
cmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shedcmj is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
cmj's Tacoma Gallery
The Duratracs have been great so far!

Old 03-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #1775
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
I just 265/75/16 C Duratrac installed today. 3 tires took a lot of weight to balance and 1 had a tiny little weight. There are no vibrations but I was surprised at the amount of weight it took to balance them.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:42 AM   #1776
Yotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotabilly is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Connal
Yotabilly's Tacoma Gallery
I had the same issue, but I had a vibration. Finally got them roadforce balanced. It took less than half the weight to balance each tire and now the vibrations gone.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:33 AM   #1777
Taco Fan has a spectacular aura aboutTaco Fan has a spectacular aura about
Name: Bean
Taco Fan's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs and BFG A/T's are equally great IMO. Both have great tread wear and grip like no others. Amazing that I tolerated lesser quality tires as long as I did! I just had a hard time justifying changing out stock tires that had life left in them. But when I finally did, my truck became a different vehicle. I knew stock tires sucked. But I had no idea how much better Duratrac and BFG's were...totally worth it.
Old 03-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #1778
Hans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shedHans Moleman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Hans Moleman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotabilly View Post
I had the same issue, but I had a vibration. Finally got them roadforce balanced. It took less than half the weight to balance each tire and now the vibrations gone.
I have no vibration, just a lot of weight. They were road forced balance with the Haweka adapter.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:06 PM   #1779
redman2006 is on a distinguished road
redman2006's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skunkman View Post
Got a set of 235-85-16's locally last week. I price shopped a little and ended up at 804.00 out the door,mounted, roadforce balance, and road hazard guarantee,plus lifetime rotations. Today we have a foot of fresh snow to try them in.

I am seriously considering this tire and this size. What happened with your MPG? Thanks for the help
Old 03-23-2014, 02:36 PM   #1780
ARtaco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Park Ranger, Firefighter, Search and Rescue, First Responder
ARtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Beating a dead horse but...

I finally broke down at thanksgiving and got a set of 265/75 16s c rated for my 4wd. I have to say they have taken all the weather we have had so far. I live in northern Arkansas and we had a couple of rounds of 4-8" snow and lots of ice and I felt absolutely confident after driving a bit with these tires. (not foolishly confident but confident) As much as I hated to, I was confident enough to let my wife drive my truck to work in the snow and ice. I'm a park ranger and a volunteer firefighter, I get called out in the worst weather usually and those tires got me there and back safely. I've got nothing but good things to say about these tires so far, except for one thing. If you like to "play" in the snow cutting donuts these tires have too much traction they don't let you.( every big snow you gotta do it at least once )

Products Discussed in this Thread