Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 07:19 PM   #1
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Wrangler DURATRAC's

With all the talk of snow lately, I want to express how impressed i have been with my Duratrac's in the snow.
Not to mention how good they are in the mud and rain.

But I would like to hear from other Duratrac owners on how they feel about the tires. I believe its a tire everyone should consider.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:20 PM   #2
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
UGH You make me want them even more.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #3
barelyrunning is on a distinguished road

Name: Aaron
barelyrunning's Tacoma Gallery
do you know roughly how many miles u can expect out of these tires. hoping to get some soon
Old 02-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #4
Junior Mint
BeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedBeardedWeirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BeardedWeirdo's Tacoma Gallery
Wow!! Those look awesome! I was just looking at these tires today. Very nice!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #5
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
I've got approx. 250 miles on my new 265/75/16 C Duratracs, and they have exceeded my expectations...

Had 12"+ of snow on Sun. and they performed better than any tire I have ever owned... from 12" of powder to snow-packed, icy roads, phenominal...

I couldn't be happier...

Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #6
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Found this on-line:

The Wrangler DuraTrac is Goodyear's On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction light truck tire developed for the drivers of multipurpose full-sized pickups, vans, sport utility and commercial vehicles looking for tires that play hard and work harder. The Wrangler DuraTrac is designed to be a versatile tire offering off-road competence in dirt, gravel and mud with on-road composure in dry, wet and wintry conditions.
Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rugged tread compound that helps resist tread block chipping, chunking and tearing, especially during heavy loading and towing applications. Its symmetric tread design combines large shoulders and highly angled center tread blocks to enhance stability and traction in dry and wet conditions. Self-cleaning, stepped shoulder blocks, zigzag sipes and Goodyear's TractiveGroove Technology at the base of the circumferential grooves provide thousands of biting edges to enhance traction in deep mud and snow. Wrangler DuraTrac tires feature a rim lock that helps prevent wheel slip throughout the life of the tire and offers a built-in rim protector to help protect wheels from accidental damage on- and off-road.
Wrangler DuraTrac light truck tires are branded with the mountain/snowflake symbol to identify they meet industry severe snow service standards. Wrangler DuraTrac tires are designed to accept optional #16 metal studs to enhance ice traction
Old 02-11-2010, 07:39 PM   #8
TL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to beholdTL697 is a splendid one to behold
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIVERMAN View Post
looking good. really considering getting these.
You won't be dissapointed...

Night and day vs. either of the stock options... AND, I like them better than the BFG AT's... These are the "new" kool aid... getcha some... umm umm that tastes good...

Old 02-11-2010, 07:44 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by barelyrunning View Post
do you know roughly how many miles u can expect out of these tires. hoping to get some soon
They just came out last year, so probably not to many with thousands of miles on them yet. I cant remember what they were rated at, 60k may-be. But being they were designed as a work truck tire i would think they are rated preatty high.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #10
Make mine a Double!

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
goodyear wrangler Duratrac survey

Results based on 73 submissions of our online tire survey.

/1 /100%/ 8.5 / 8.8 / 8.8 / 7.9/ 9.2 / 8.2 / 9.4 /9.1 / 8.2 / 8.7 / 8.4 / 8.6 / 268,900

Would You Buy This Tire Again?
Most said: "Probably" (Average of 8.5 out of 10)
How Did This Tire Rank In Its Category?
1 out of 7 tires (Score of 8.7 vs best tire in category score of 8.7)
Compare This Tire to Other On-/Off-Road Commercial Traction Tires
Color Key Superior (8.6-10)
Fair (2.6-4.5) Excellent (6.6-8.5) Unacceptable (0-2.5) Good (4.6-6.5)
Old 02-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #11
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
They just came out last year, so probably not to many with thousands of miles on them yet. I cant remember what they were rated at, 60k may-be. But being they were designed as a work truck tire i would think they are rated preatty high.
My 265/75/16 C's have a 40,000 mile treadwear warranty...
Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #12
lightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the roughlightfire is a jewel in the rough
lightfire's Tacoma Gallery
I would advise for no one else to buy these tires cause I want to make sure they still have some when I wear out the ones I have now.
Amazing in snow - I like them; they ARE noisy.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 PM   #13
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Loving mine.......Too early to comment on long term wear but I second the positive remarks about them in all the conditions I've exposed mine to.

Old 02-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #14
Official TW Igloo Builder
cantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcantac09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hugh Jass
cantac09's Tacoma Gallery
love mine but took them off for the winter
Old 02-11-2010, 08:15 PM   #15
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
12k on mine rotated once already due to my trd blower power & they STILL kick serious @ss in the snow !
Old 02-11-2010, 08:16 PM   #16
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantac09 View Post
love mine but took them off for the winter
I haven't had mine for the summer, yet, but They are great in the winter... AND, I live at 9500 feet in the CO mountains...
Old 02-11-2010, 08:18 PM   #17
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TL697 View Post
I haven't had mine for the summer, yet, but They are great in the winter... AND, I live at 9500 feet in the CO mountains...
lol, dude your winter suuuuuuuuuuucked. I just got back from vail and we had more snow in chicago
Old 02-11-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
lol, dude your winter suuuuuuuuuuucked. I just got back from vail and we had more snow in chicago
Dude... I highly doubt you've had more snow than I've had here in Divide, CO... We got our first snow storm in mid Sept...
Old 02-11-2010, 08:49 PM   #19
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I wish I would have gotten them now. When I was in the market for tires the Duratracs were brand new and there were no reviews on them so I was a little skeptical about trying them and instead went with Toyo A/T. I'm happy with the Toyo's but now would rather have the Duratracs. Ah well, as soon as these ones are used up I'll most likely go with the Duratracs unless I get a wild idea to go with some M/T's.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:54 PM   #20
TL697's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blowham View Post
I wish I would have gotten them now. When I was in the market for tires the Duratracs were brand new and there were no reviews on them so I was a little skeptical about trying them and instead went with Toyo A/T. I'm happy with the Toyo's but now would rather have the Duratracs. Ah well, as soon as these ones are used up I'll most likely go with the Duratracs unless I get a wild idea to go with some M/T's.
These are about as close to a MT that you can get, but still have a tread wear warranty...

Products Discussed in this Thread