2010 TPM tire sensors

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #1
rotate is on a distinguished road
Navy: corpsman
Name: Rick
rotate's Tacoma Gallery
2010 TPM tire sensors

In a dillema.Want to change out stock wheels and tire on my 2010 prerunner.Info on tire rack state I cant use my metal wheel TPM on alloy and their alloy replacement TPM will not work on 2010.Any one out there encounter same problem? Any solution Thanx
Old 02-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #2
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
they should work on any kind of rim. there is a little rubber seal on the top lip of the TPM. just make sure the rims are TPM compatible. meaning the TPM wont interfere with mounting a tire on the rim or you'll risk busting them off.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:24 AM   #3
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Hi Rick, welcome! There are some ingenious ways a few members here have worked around the tpms. You can break down your current steel wheel setup and put them in a wheelbarrow tire. One TW user actually added a cool mount near his spare. There are kits that let you use your sensors in your new alloys or if you turn it a certain way & have your installer carefully put on & break down yours tires (to avoid breaking them) is another. Bottom line, there are ways around them. If you search tpms you will get lots of hits for other ideas. Good luck!
Old 02-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
ROOTIN AROUND
08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of08TRD Sport has much to be proud of

Army: BNCOC SGL
Name: Joshua
08TRD Sport's Tacoma Gallery
I asked this question last month. The answer is toyota has two different tpms ... aaccording to the dealership. The angles on the TPMS are what you need to know. I went from TRD sport rims to FJ trd SE rims and they work no problem I was told that the steelies and the alooy rims have different angle TPMS valve stems. I just took my stuff to toyota and had them do it. My dealership is pretty cool here in GA
Old 02-12-2010, 05:02 AM   #5
rotate is on a distinguished road
Navy: corpsman
Name: Rick
rotate's Tacoma Gallery
Tpm

Thanx for responses.Dont feel as discouraged.Josh I live in Waycross but bought my truck in Augusta.Best deal around for me.Maybe I,ll call these guys.What conscern me is the warnigs specifically state 2010 truck TPM can,t be even changed out with their after market sensor. I just dont want to open up an expensive can of worm by attempting this unless I know I can make it work
Old 02-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #6
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
Black Tape Mod - best money saving item I did.