1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Question about my tpms

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by dbossman69er, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Apr 7, 2008 at 9:18 AM
    dbossman69er

dbossman69er [OP] Member

Member:
    Sudbury,Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    o6 4x4 Silver D.cab Trd Sport
    2o" Mamba M1's, True Flow Xdi c.a.intake, 33" Pro Comp Xtreme mudders,3" lift,leer 700 t. cover with spoiler, go rhino s.s nerf bars
    Just read the whole thing please.Was just wondering why my tire light started flashing on my dash,I replaced my summer tires with winter ones and I didnt put tpms in them, so my light came on ,but didnt flash just contantly on, I took a trip down south to Toronto and when i was down there my light in my dash started to flash , a couple of days later when i came back home and parked the truck,I woke up the next day got in my truck started it and noticed that the light stopped flashing,mind u its still on but it stopped flashing, Im just wondering if any one can tell me why.

2. Apr 7, 2008 at 9:50 AM
    dbossman69er

dbossman69er [OP] Member

Member:
    Sudbury,Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2o" Mamba M1's, True Flow Xdi c.a.intake, 33" Pro Comp Xtreme mudders,3" lift,leer 700 t. cover with spoiler, go rhino s.s nerf bars
    well my origanal tires with the monitors are in my shed about 50 feet away,

3. Apr 7, 2008 at 10:04 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Do you still have the TPMS in the spare? It could sending a low pressure reading if you havn't checked it in a while.

4. Apr 7, 2008 at 10:25 AM
    dbossman69er

dbossman69er [OP] Member

Member:
    Sudbury,Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    yes, i still have the tpms in the spare tire but with only 1 tpm on the truck and the other 4 in the shed, but here is the thing, 4 or 5 months ago I put 4 snow tires on my truck without Tpm's in them, I still have the spare with the monitor on the truck, so with the 4 monitors missing my dash light came on but did not flash, took a trip out of town and my light started to flash instead, now why would that be, and when i came back from the trip my light stopped flashing and was just constantly on again, just curious not worried about it.

5. Apr 9, 2008 at 1:36 PM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    it could be the tpms boogy monster. i have heard alot of urban legands about it. what area do you live in?

6. Apr 9, 2008 at 1:44 PM
    dbossman69er

dbossman69er [OP] Member

Member:
    Sudbury,Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    :) i'm lmao wit that one, anyways the light is out now, now that my original tires r back on, just have to get some tpm's for my 20's, does anyone think that it would be worth my while to put them in, cause the tire light doesn't bug me when its on only when its flashing:eek::rolleyes:

7. Apr 9, 2008 at 2:23 PM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    i have been told its not good for the truck to leave the light on, or flashing. that was from my discount tire guy. keep in mind if you had steel rims they might not fit your 20s

8. Apr 9, 2008 at 4:06 PM
    tacomaman06

tacomaman06 Carolina Alliance: Enforcer

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    York,South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '16 Tundra TRD Pro
    getting there....
    they(the tpms sensors) send signal to you computer for the right pressure, and when you took the trip outta town, since you were farther away from your other sensors than normal......it caused the light to flash only, and as long as you are close to the sensors, the light will stay lit.....not flashing. hope this explains it.

9. Apr 9, 2008 at 4:16 PM
    dbossman69er

dbossman69er [OP] Member

Member:
    Sudbury,Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    so what would be the big deal if the light stayed flashing, my was constantly on all winter, whent i put the stock aluminum rims on and hit the reset foe the tire light it went out , it doesnt run any different so i really dont see a big deal of the dash light being on, besides the fact that its annoying.:D

Products Discussed in

To Top