Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Question about my tpms

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 10:18 AM   #1
dbossman69er is on a distinguished road
dbossman69er's Tacoma Gallery
Talking Question about my tpms

Just read the whole thing please.Was just wondering why my tire light started flashing on my dash,I replaced my summer tires with winter ones and I didnt put tpms in them, so my light came on ,but didnt flash just contantly on, I took a trip down south to Toronto and when i was down there my light in my dash started to flash , a couple of days later when i came back home and parked the truck,I woke up the next day got in my truck started it and noticed that the light stopped flashing,mind u its still on but it stopped flashing, Im just wondering if any one can tell me why.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Talking Quick Question

well my origanal tires with the monitors are in my shed about 50 feet away,
Old 04-07-2008, 11:04 AM   #3
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Do you still have the TPMS in the spare? It could sending a low pressure reading if you havn't checked it in a while.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
Cool Quick Question

yes, i still have the tpms in the spare tire but with only 1 tpm on the truck and the other 4 in the shed, but here is the thing, 4 or 5 months ago I put 4 snow tires on my truck without Tpm's in them, I still have the spare with the monitor on the truck, so with the 4 monitors missing my dash light came on but did not flash, took a trip out of town and my light started to flash instead, now why would that be, and when i came back from the trip my light stopped flashing and was just constantly on again, just curious not worried about it.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
it could be the tpms boogy monster. i have heard alot of urban legands about it. what area do you live in?
Old 04-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
good one

i'm lmao wit that one, anyways the light is out now, now that my original tires r back on, just have to get some tpm's for my 20's, does anyone think that it would be worth my while to put them in, cause the tire light doesn't bug me when its on only when its flashing
Old 04-09-2008, 03:23 PM   #7
tossed salad anyone?
jasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nicejasonh is just really nice

jasonh's Tacoma Gallery
i have been told its not good for the truck to leave the light on, or flashing. that was from my discount tire guy. keep in mind if you had steel rims they might not fit your 20s
Old 04-09-2008, 05:06 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbossman69er View Post
i'm lmao wit that one, anyways the light is out now, now that my original tires r back on, just have to get some tpm's for my 20's, does anyone think that it would be worth my while to put them in, cause the tire light doesn't bug me when its on only when its flashing
they(the tpms sensors) send signal to you computer for the right pressure, and when you took the trip outta town, since you were farther away from your other sensors than normal......it caused the light to flash only, and as long as you are close to the sensors, the light will stay lit.....not flashing. hope this explains it.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
comment for jasonh

so what would be the big deal if the light stayed flashing, my was constantly on all winter, whent i put the stock aluminum rims on and hit the reset foe the tire light it went out , it doesnt run any different so i really dont see a big deal of the dash light being on, besides the fact that its annoying.