Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Winter/Snow Tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2007, 08:31 AM   #1
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Winter/Snow Tires

Anybody running your Taco's on snow tires? How are they performing in comparison to the stock tires. What did you get and how much did you pay?
Old 12-02-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of... 265/70/r16 bfg rugged trails. on a scale of 1-10, 10 being superior, I would rate them a 6.5. I feel the width of the tire is hurting me, seems to be "floating" too much. If I wasn't such a cheap ass I would have gotten the Coopers mud & snows, 215/85/r16. A narrow tire works best, and the sipes that they use seems to operate much better than the BFG's, I'll never learn, DOH !
Old 12-02-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hey Concrete Jedi, your reply is only 10 months late yet helpful . Anyway, I'm still on the original tires even though they are terrible in the snow. I drove through the worst snow storm I've experienced on Friday night at zero visibility barely moving at 15MPH on country roads with no traffic. 2WD just wouldn't do it so glad I had 4X4.

I came to realize that the low beam head lights during a nasty snow storm actually "blind-ens" the driver when the light reflects right back at the driver. It would be nice if the head lights can be turned off while the fogs stayed on since they are lower to the ground the reflection wont affect the driver as much. Is there an easy way to do that?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #4
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
Hey Concrete Jedi, your reply is only 10 months late yet helpful . Anyway, I'm still on the original tires even though they are terrible in the snow. I drove through the worst snow storm I've experienced on Friday night at zero visibility barely moving at 15MPH on country roads with no traffic. 2WD just wouldn't do it so glad I had 4X4.

I came to realize that the low beam head lights during a nasty snow storm actually "blind-ens" the driver when the light reflects right back at the driver. It would be nice if the head lights can be turned off while the fogs stayed on since they are lower to the ground the reflection wont affect the driver as much. Is there an easy way to do that?
Yeah how did that happen ? How long do questions stay on the forum?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #5
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
How long do questions stay on the forum?
They are archived from time to time however members can dig them up. If you reply to an old thread/post, you give it new life.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #6
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
hey themaster......did you do the fog light mod yet,where you can turn on just the foglights by themselves??
Old 12-02-2007, 03:46 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
hey themaster......did you do the fog light mod yet,where you can turn on just the foglights by themselves??
I dig that idea, where do I go ?
Old 12-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #8
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jedi View Post
I dig that idea, where do I go ?
here ya go.....if this one doesnt work, let me know......i'll find a different link for ya!!

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t79485.html
Old 12-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
here ya go.....if this one doesnt work, let me know......i'll find a different link for ya!!

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t79485.html
Sweet, this is awesome !