Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

cooper?? toyo?? or Nitto??

View Poll Results: Which do you Choose to be best in sand?
Nitto Terra grapplers 104 44.83%
Toyo open country 98 42.24%
Cooper Zeon ltz 30 12.93%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #21
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i love my toyos, they wear great, about 1/4 of my driving is aired down to 22psi front and 20psi back, and they still have never weared weird. As far as traction in sand i have done some pretty sandy trails with 2x4 with no problems, now my old Rugged Fails thats a whole nother story.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #22
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoyisme View Post
Ya Ive looked into the dune grappler but I don't like the flames. Does anyone have the dune and really tested it in the dune/sand?? Also I heard they suck in water on the road. Which it rains like crazy here when it is rainy season....

Also where did u get terras for $500??? Lol
I have the NDG's and I love them!! Now I havent tested them in sand but I have used them in very loose dirt and they did great!! The flames on the side look sick in person. I get compliments all the time on my tires! I have also had them for 2 winters now and no problems so far. I think they work just fine in the rain. Not the greatest on snow though. But then again, I have 18x9"s and you know how wide tires are in the snow.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:50 AM   #23
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I have the toyo's in the 285/50/20. They are a great tire! They have the rim protector! Not sure if the coopers do? These tires wear evenly and last forever. Great traction in all conditions. I've been very pleased with them. They got my vote.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 AM   #24
Pinoyisme is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Pinoyisme's Tacoma Gallery
Jeeze looks like it's between Toyo and nitto dune/Terra, which I can get nittos for a decent price. Idk about toyos
Old 02-25-2010, 08:41 AM   #25
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ya Ive looked into the dune grappler but I don't like the flames. Does anyone have the dune and really tested it in the dune/sand?? Also I heard they suck in water on the road. Which it rains like crazy here when it is rainy season....

Also where did u get terras for $500??? Lol

got them at tire kingdom. few reasons i got them so cheap. most important being, i have a nack for bargaining and persuasion.... but a couple things that helped me get them for cheap was 1) we were getting tires for another car at the same time, so we ewre able to get them to cut down the price for that. 2) they were a floor modle, meaning that all 4 were sitting out on display. and had been sitting there for a few months. i know, who cares, being on display won't F up the tires, but i still bargained for a discount because of it

they were originally going to be $600 for the tires and another $80 for mount, ballance, etc....so i was happy
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 AM   #26
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
I agree with the people saying BFGoodrich A/T TA KOs. Have you looked into the Nitto Dune Grapplers?
x2

My dunes have done GREAT in mud, sand, shape rock, sand stone, rain. and Maybe snow if I wasn't 2x4.

They have 26k miles and still have a ton of tread left.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #27
do u have a pic of your truck with those Amaes?? and today i saw the Terra Grapplers and they look pretty sick!! they where on a lifted f-250 tho
Old 02-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #28
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
goodyear duratrac. any other tire deserves to get stabbed in the mother fuckin' sidewall.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #29
Banned
ruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shedruler is one of the sharper tools in the shed
ruler's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Nitto TG's , honestly thought they would hold up much longer but I managed to somehow get about close to 40,000 miles outta them. Just threw on some Toyo Open Country MT's , we will see how well these hold up, im hoping a little closer to 50,000 this time.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:25 PM   #30
DLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant futureDLR07 has a brilliant future
Name: David
DLR07's Tacoma Gallery
My vote NITTOS TG. Love mine. Got them for like 530 from Tires Plus
Old 02-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #31
530?? jeeze and i thought i was gettin good prices from this one guy im talkin to. Im thinkin about gettin the 275/55 20, for 783. oh should i get alittle bigger size tire for my 3 inch lift??

oh and has anyone used there Enkei wt4 with big tires??
Old 02-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #32
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
do u have a pic of your truck with those Amaes?? and today i saw the Terra Grapplers and they look pretty sick!! they where on a lifted f-250 tho
Look in my picture section and if you want some off road looking in the threads I posted there should be one for a 4 peaks clean up and one from Sedona.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #33
Begin With The End In Mind.
carmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarmellocafe is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: KEVIN
carmellocafe's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo AT's gonna be the next set for me. I've heard nothing but great reviews on them for a long time.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:21 PM   #34
kumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud ofkumaWRX has much to be proud of
kumaWRX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Any of those would serve you well. Toyo is going to be the highest quality overall, Cooper the best value for the money. Nitto somewhere between the two.
^^What he said.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:18 PM   #35
So, today my tire shopping just ended!! I went around at work asking everyone if they had a set of 18 rims for my truck...and a co-worker was like my neighbor just put out a set of tires and wheels the other day you should go check-em out. I go after work to see the tires and rims, and guess what.... turns out to be the Nitto Terra grapplers on some nice 18 rims ( dont know yet what the rims are didnt look closely). I was like SICK DUUUUDE! lol thats what i was lookin to get!! Then he was like all I want is $550 for everything....and i was like SIIICK DUUUUUDDE! so just to make sure, we put the them on my truck to see if everything is all right. and it was all good....so tomorrow im gonna be addin my toytec 3" lift after work and if i get done early enough i will get the tires tomorrow too, if not ill go sunday!!

Yaaay!
Old 02-26-2010, 05:31 PM   #36
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sounds like a great deal...you'll be verry happy with the TGs.

we expect pics btw
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #37
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo A/T's and Nitta Terras are basically the same tire. Toyo owns Nitto.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
Toyo A/T's and Nitta Terras are basically the same tire. Toyo owns Nitto.
i did not know that. i always thought they looked similar. thanks for sharing
Old 02-26-2010, 05:43 PM   #39
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Haha, your welcome?
Old 02-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #40
Ya, Im excited for this weekend! although i gotta work agian tomorrow so i wont get to do my lift till the evening...

But for sure there will be pics posted up once i get the time to clean and detail the truck!!