Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

cooper?? toyo?? or Nitto??

View Poll Results: Which do you Choose to be best in sand?
Nitto Terra grapplers 104 44.83%
Toyo open country 98 42.24%
Cooper Zeon ltz 30 12.93%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #41
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Hey pinoyisme, do you know about the citrus ride this weekend? We are also setting us a huge Florida meet in the coming month, check out the Florida Regional sub forum.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:16 PM   #42
Pinoyisme is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Pinoyisme's Tacoma Gallery
Idk anyhing about the citrus ride, where is it happening??
Old 02-27-2010, 12:43 AM   #43
xSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura aboutxSpyderguyx has a spectacular aura about

Name: Caleb
xSpyderguyx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoyisme View Post
So, i do alot of driving in sand down here in south florida and ive been lookin at these tires since they all pretty much have a wide tread pattern.
Ive been lookin at these tires

-Nitto Terra Grapplers
-Toyo Open country A/t
-Cooper zeon ltz

Yes, i know im gonna get stuck either way with my pre-runner. But im lookin for the best tire that will help me as much as i can. I rather ask you guys then be bomb'd with informatin at the tire store.

Also, has anyone put big tires (31-33) on the enkei wt4 rims?? Im kinda leaning towards the Cooper Zeon Ltz cause they have 285-50r 20 for a cheap price!
Toyo is the best. I dont just say that because I have them. They have been the leader in the tire industry for a while. Nitto's are great, but Toyo M/T have the longest tread life.

I have had mine for 2k miles, and the little nubs are still on them!!!
Old 02-27-2010, 12:51 AM   #44
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoyisme View Post
So, today my tire shopping just ended!! I went around at work asking everyone if they had a set of 18 rims for my truck...and a co-worker was like my neighbor just put out a set of tires and wheels the other day you should go check-em out. I go after work to see the tires and rims, and guess what.... turns out to be the Nitto Terra grapplers on some nice 18 rims ( dont know yet what the rims are didnt look closely). I was like SICK DUUUUDE! lol thats what i was lookin to get!! Then he was like all I want is $550 for everything....and i was like SIIICK DUUUUUDDE! so just to make sure, we put the them on my truck to see if everything is all right. and it was all good....so tomorrow im gonna be addin my toytec 3" lift after work and if i get done early enough i will get the tires tomorrow too, if not ill go sunday!!

Yaaay!
Sweet deal! Looking forward to pics.
Old 03-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #45
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have run all three, and Im finding the Cooper Zeons have better grip in all conditions than the Nitto TG's. Havent had them long enough to determin tread wear though...
Old 03-28-2010, 04:04 AM   #46
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I have run all three, and Im finding the Cooper Zeons have better grip in all conditions than the Nitto TG's. Havent had them long enough to determin tread wear though...
They look real good on your truck to bud, glad to hear you like em
Old 04-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #47
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
imma sit here all day advertising my trail grapplers, they are amazing quiet!

Old 04-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #48
mmmm tacos!
nad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shednad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
nad's Tacoma Gallery
o snap i thought the first option was for trail grapplers not terra grapplers, sorry!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 PM   #49
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jesse
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
a lot of my family have the nitto terras on their trucks!!! so far so good n my dad is on his 2nd pair already.....he has a 2004 ford f150 lariat cc 4x4.....when we got it from the dealer it had the tires on it(2006) and then in 2009 he got a new pair....luckily no problems n ok in dirt/sand.......overall excellent tires but i prefer the nitto trail grapplers......im hoping to get them on my truck soon!!! good luck
Old 05-31-2010, 07:22 PM   #50
Banned
jjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjjw1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The End View Post
Hey pinoyisme, do you know about the citrus ride this weekend? We are also setting us a huge Florida meet in the coming month, check out the Florida Regional sub forum.
dang i missed it!!! n its funny cuz i live in citrus county but closer to hernando county!!!! haha
Old 06-13-2010, 01:43 PM   #51
First Class White Trash
achirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shedachirdo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
achirdo's Tacoma Gallery
goodyear wrangler duratracs!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:17 PM   #52
Banned
jjw1's Tacoma Gallery
Question Wtf!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLR07 View Post
My vote NITTOS TG. Love mine. Got them for like 530 from Tires Plus
how n the hell did u get them for so cheap??? my dad payed over $1300 for his n that doesnt include install!!!!! the cheapest i could find for my truck were $1100!!! wtf man???
Old 08-10-2011, 11:32 AM   #54
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I have run the Toyos and they were good.

I now run with Hankook Dynapro ATms and think they are fantastic. Deep sand was no problem at 18 psi. Quiet on the highway.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #55
wannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwannatoy570 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
wannatoy570's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto Terra Grappler

Toyo Open Country

Cooper Zeon Ltz

Old 10-02-2011, 05:21 PM   #56
scyota03 is on a distinguished road
scyota03's Tacoma Gallery
i have the terra grapplers and awesome grip in mud,sand,and wet road. have a lil more road noise then most at tires but look who its mud tire brother is. i got 265/70/17s and love them
Old 10-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #57
Phuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shedPhuket is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
Phuket's Tacoma Gallery
Love my Toyo AT's.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #58
jpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shedjpneely is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jpneely's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo all the way
Old 02-12-2013, 06:11 AM   #59
Dr. Cornwallis is on a distinguished road
Dr. Cornwallis's Tacoma Gallery
All I see around town are bald Nittos, I dont think I've ever seen a set with tread left on them, and their expensive as hell too. Id get the Toyo AT. I had a set on my ranger that lasted forever.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #60
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
i wouldve said BF Goodrich all terrains, mine are work horses, theyve out performed toyo open country MT's on a 4x4 wrangler