Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

cooper?? toyo?? or Nitto??

View Poll Results: Which do you Choose to be best in sand?
Nitto Terra grapplers 104 44.83%
Toyo open country 98 42.24%
Cooper Zeon ltz 30 12.93%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #1
Pinoyisme is on a distinguished road
Name: Mike
Pinoyisme's Tacoma Gallery
cooper?? toyo?? or Nitto??

So, i do alot of driving in sand down here in south florida and ive been lookin at these tires since they all pretty much have a wide tread pattern.
Ive been lookin at these tires

-Nitto Terra Grapplers
-Toyo Open country A/t
-Cooper zeon ltz

Yes, i know im gonna get stuck either way with my pre-runner. But im lookin for the best tire that will help me as much as i can. I rather ask you guys then be bomb'd with informatin at the tire store.

Also, has anyone put big tires (31-33) on the enkei wt4 rims?? Im kinda leaning towards the Cooper Zeon Ltz cause they have 285-50r 20 for a cheap price!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
If you ain't stuck, You ain't tryin hard enough.
blackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackwatertaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
blackwatertaco's Tacoma Gallery
I don't like them, But I voted for the nittos.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Love my toyos
Old 02-24-2010, 05:12 PM   #4
do u have pics of yours avsfan?? and have you really tested your toyos in off road conditions?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:13 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Any of those would serve you well. Toyo is going to be the highest quality overall, Cooper the best value for the money. Nitto somewhere between the two.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
i can still use my wt4 rims, or is that not a good idea?
Old 02-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #7
also i can get nitto at cooper price, but then i would need to get new rims...cuase that price isnt for my 20's
Old 02-24-2010, 05:44 PM   #8
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
im a prerunner and i found bfg at ares really good for sand
Old 02-24-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
i love my zeon ltz's! they are any awesome tire. just make sure they have them in the size you are wanting.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #10
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinoyisme View Post
So, i do alot of driving in sand down here in south florida and ive been lookin at these tires since they all pretty much have a wide tread pattern.
Ive been lookin at these tires

-Nitto Terra Grapplers
-Toyo Open country A/t
-Cooper zeon ltz

Yes, i know im gonna get stuck either way with my pre-runner. But im lookin for the best tire that will help me as much as i can. I rather ask you guys then be bomb'd with informatin at the tire store.

Also, has anyone put big tires (31-33) on the enkei wt4 rims?? Im kinda leaning towards the Cooper Zeon Ltz cause they have 285-50r 20 for a cheap price!
IMO the best A/T is the BFG
Old 02-24-2010, 06:14 PM   #13
Bfg, is mad exapensive for 20s or idk if they even have tires for 20s. I am lookin at Small rims such as atx thugs, but it all depends on the price. This guy is selling atx punishers for 380 tho but I really like te thugs. Right now he is giving me a deal with the punisher 18x9 rims for 380 for all 4, then terras to wrap that at 184 a tire. Also I heard that terras don't last long. But then again I heard that terras last long with our trucks cause they are light weight.

But then I found Cooper tires, so I'm just all mixed up on what I want!!! Bah !! Decisions decisions!!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:19 PM   #14
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
X3 for the Toyo's....i have them on 20's and they ride like butter.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:26 PM   #15
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
get a 16x9 wheel or 17
Old 02-24-2010, 06:32 PM   #16
Just found out the price for the thugs r out of my league, will 16x9 fit over the front calipers? And or 17s?
Old 02-24-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
TRD off road comes with 16'' and Sports come with 17''. so you can get those size rims to fit, just have to make sure oyu have enough spacing the clear the caliper.

as for the tires, i have 265/70/17 terra grapplers and love them. i know it's not sand, but we've had a ton of snow this year. i was able to struggle through bumper deep snow in 2wd, and made it through even deeper snow without a problem in 4wd.

i have also aired down to 15 psi for the really bad stuff, and it felt like pavement. while aired down i didn't have any leakage problems or problems with the bead.

so any of the tires will be good, but my recomendation is for the terra grapplers.
they're a good buy too. i got 4 of them mounted, ballanced, and installed for $500 + tax
Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 PM   #19
wingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shedwingshootin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jonathan
wingshootin's Tacoma Gallery
BFG A/T KO's. I had them on my taco before I put M/T's on it and I got 75k out of them.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:29 AM   #20
Ya Ive looked into the dune grappler but I don't like the flames. Does anyone have the dune and really tested it in the dune/sand?? Also I heard they suck in water on the road. Which it rains like crazy here when it is rainy season....

Also where did u get terras for $500??? Lol