Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Kelley TSR safari tire review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-19-2012, 07:56 PM   #22
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Yeah 35s are only about 1200 here.

I still LOVE mine!

265/75r16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agVL...4&feature=plcp
That's pretty amazing, especially that hill, given that tire size and considering you had to stop in that snow to grab your video camera, and continue going from a standstill.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #23
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot! The only modification I had then, was the tires. No lift, no extra clearance. 12 psi in those tires was incredible. I was very impressed.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #24
x2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shedx2468 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2468's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, i might be a florida boy now, but i grew up in Quebec, driving ATVs and front wheel drive cars in the snow, so i know a thing or two about challenging winter conditions.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Any updates on this oldie thread for you TSR owners?
Old 06-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #26
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the review. The more I read about these the more I like em
Old 06-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #27
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
I have been running mine for around a year now and they are just like the op's review overall an excellent MT but I heard they no longer make them. Just what is left in stock.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #28
BBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shedBBtacosurfer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
BBtacosurfer's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you for the heads up! I'm gonna probably stick with Duratrecs since they are nearly identical and Duratrecs get awesome reviews.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:55 PM   #29
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Digging this one up from the grave...

So OP you still liking the Safaris? Have you worn them out in the 4 years since the tread started??

How about those of you who have run both Safari TSR's and Duratracs--any thoughts? There was a Safari vs. Duratrac thread but it was shortlived.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:20 PM   #30
jro1 is on a distinguished road

Name: jesse
jro1's Tacoma Gallery
the still shot of the video looks like your being chased by a giant squirrel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2468 View Post
That's pretty amazing, especially that hill, given that tire size and considering you had to stop in that snow to grab your video camera, and continue going from a standstill.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #31

jro1's Tacoma Gallery
I had the duratraks on my 91 Hilux surf, loved em, had 16's, paid $750 installed. good tire in the mud, excellent in the winter. only had them for a year before I sold the Hilux and got my Taco! Don't know how they lasted?
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy View Post
So OP you still liking the Safaris? Have you worn them out in the 4 years since the tread started??

How about those of you who have run both Safari TSR's and Duratracs--any thoughts? There was a Safari vs. Duratrac thread but it was shortlived.
Old 02-03-2014, 08:35 PM   #32

jro1's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the Toyo M55's at the moment, but will have to outfit the truck come spring. Was looking at the Kelly's cause I need something good, reliable and priced well, as I also have to outfit the wife's Rav4 this spring, so flow will be tight for 2 sets of rubber!
Old 02-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #33
bigeye227
bigeye227 is on a distinguished road

Name: Charlie
bigeye227's Tacoma Gallery
I have TSR 265/75 16 and really like them. I have had Duratracks as well. Both are good tires. The TSR's have 13K on them and still look new. Work great in snow and air down well for sand or off road.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:40 PM   #34
happy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shedhappy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks-- around here I can get the TSR's for about $40 bucks a tire cheaper.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #35

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jro1 View Post
the still shot of the video looks like your being chased by a giant squirrel.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:51 PM   #36

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a decent picture of the TSR's I had mounted on Tuesday. 265/75R16 with a 2.5" (or so) lift.

I absolutely love these tires so far. They ride very smoothly, make just a low hum, and have excellent snow/ice traction.
Attached Thumbnails
Kelley TSR safari tire review-trk1.jpg  
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #37

happy's Tacoma Gallery
Here's a good shot of the treads:
265/75R16 vs stock 245/75

Old 02-25-2014, 07:24 PM   #38
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
They're like a cheaper duratrac, except safaris don't suck and blow sidewalks every 5 minutes