Notices

Kelley TSR safari tire review

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #1
High priest of the obvious
bigskyguy is on a distinguished road

bigskyguy's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Kelley TSR safari tire review

So I have about 4 grand on my set of 285/70 r17 10ply tsr's and I thought I'd give ya'll some feedback on them. First off they are very quiet for an aggressive tread tire. They were about $40 less then the dura-tracks and they are made by goodyear for Kelly. I live in Montana and the roads have run the gammit from packed snow and ice to mud and everthing in between. On snowy roads they handle very well. Very grippy in four and have a very predictable drift in two (I enjoy hanging it out a bit on the mtn. roads). On gravel they hook up quite well and don't load up all that bad in the mud. They have almost no sign of wear after 4 grand. The only thing that is not so positive is they kinda feel squirmy when pushed on curvy highway roads. But they are a tall treaded tire. I have cooper st's on my 99 landcruiser and I think I'll switch to the TSR's for next winter. We'll see how they wear after the summer. All in all I'd say I got my $'s worth.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:05 PM   #2
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
pics? where can u get them? ive never seen them before... nice review
Old 02-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #3
Banned
PreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to allPreRunner is a name known to all
PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
pics or it didn't happen.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreRunner View Post
pics or it didn't happen.
x2, pics
Old 02-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #5
If You Search...You Shall Find.
uood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduood8 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Uniform / Marked Patrol
uood8's Tacoma Gallery
they do look alot like goodyear duratracs
Old 02-27-2010, 08:54 PM   #6
High priest of the obvious
bigskyguy is on a distinguished road

bigskyguy's Tacoma Gallery
yeah yeah

Kelley TSR safari tire review-kelly-safari-tsr.jpg

I'll post pics with them on the truck soon. Left my camera at work over the weekend.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the link. They sound like they're a pretty good tire for how I'd use them as well.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:32 PM   #8
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Went with the Kelly Safaris in 285/70R17, look good, i'll miss my 35"s though
$597 installed and out the door.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:52 PM   #9
SoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalBlack08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SoCalBlack08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticFilter View Post
Went with the Kelly Safaris in 285/70R17, look good, i'll miss my 35"s though
$597 installed and out the door.
nice price! where did u get them?
Old 03-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #10
StaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shedStaticFilter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jason
StaticFilter's Tacoma Gallery
Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBlack08 View Post
nice price! where did u get them?
TireFactory
Old 03-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
i have the same tires and love them. i think i will hang with this tire for a long while. they do get kinda squirrely on curves like the op stated but they dig really good and clean out really good.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 PM   #13
ROTAXHEAD is on a distinguished road
ROTAXHEAD's Tacoma Gallery
Kelly TSR Tires

Wear is excellent and traction is great. Tires are not noisy! Running 265/75/16
Attached Thumbnails
Kelley TSR safari tire review-mudder-snow1.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #14
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
thinking about getting the TSR's in 265/75/16's. For those of you that have them, how are they wearing? Any complaints after having them for a while?
thanks for all your help.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #15
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
I've had mine on for about 12000k. Very minimal wear. A lot of offroad. Incredible in the snow. Havent done a lot of mud testing yet. Road noise is very minimal. Considering these in 35s instead of MTR kevlars. Handle well on road too. I dd mine and they're really wicked. Current size is 265/76r16.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:02 PM   #16
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
I know its an old thread, but i'm looking into these, I got quoted at 900$ !!!! for a set of 265/75/16 for these...now I'm looking into other tire shops lol...wondering if these are still good tires to everyone
Old 04-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #17
thebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura aboutthebaker has a spectacular aura about

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I know its an old thread, but i'm looking into these, I got quoted at 900$ !!!! for a set of 265/75/16 for these...now I'm looking into other tire shops lol...wondering if these are still good tires to everyone
Seems high...look around some more....you'll find better prices im sure.
Old 04-12-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
I am the one who knocks
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 35s are only about 1200 here.

I still LOVE mine!

265/75r16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6agVL...4&feature=plcp
Old 08-13-2012, 09:39 PM   #20
PyroZuki is on a distinguished road

Name: Pyro
PyroZuki's Tacoma Gallery
I just bought a set of LT275-65-18 TSRs for my second gen Tundra. I bought them through work (Lithia Motors) for $275 (my cost) each. I found them for about $251 each online, but if I buy them through work, I get a free 2 year-40K mile warranty and no freight costs. The reviews in this thread were of many I read and a large reason as to why I bought them. I too, live in MT, so I'm lookin forward to givin them a shot, especially with winter about a month away!

Thanks for the reviews!

Pyro