Notices

maximum tire size non lift - regular cab non pre runner

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2010, 05:04 PM   #1
judoguy is on a distinguished road
Name: jason
judoguy's Tacoma Gallery
maximum tire size non lift - regular cab non pre runner

hey folks, after looking at several forums for the past 2 weeks or so.

thought I might as well settle down and ask a few.

I own a 08 lancer evolution probably trading that in to get a tacoma soon,
people ask why its because I wanted a truck for some time and bought the evo on an impulse 2 years ago haha.

I am looking at a regular cab tacoma 4x2 4 cylinder.
I believe the non pre cabs are the ones that dont have
any factory lift? please correct me if I am wrong.

anyways, I see lots of people going up in tires sizes on pre runners.

for a 4x2 non pre runner, what is the maximum tire size and rim size I can go without any lifts or modifications? the non pre runners seem quite low so I decided to ask, I cant find a picture of a non pre runner regular cab with larger tires,

I dont really need a lifted car but I would really like to get rid of the dinky 215s.

thanks!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:06 PM   #2
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
29" in diameter.... I think.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
topgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtopgun155 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zack
topgun155's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW from TX.
I think 29" as well.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
judoguy's Tacoma Gallery
would i be able to swap them out and
throw on trd off road 16"s and the stock tires that
it comes with?

my cousin took them off his 09 tacoma trd offroad, so I
wanted to buy them if they fit.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ They won't fit. off roads are six lug.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #6
judoguy's Tacoma Gallery
noooooo my dream shot down

i just wanted to make this set up simple, i dont even know if its photoshop, but found this picture several times on google
Old 03-01-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by judoguy View Post
noooooo my dream shot down

i just wanted to make this set up simple, i dont even know if its photoshop, but found this picture several times on google
Sorry
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
x2 29
Old 03-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #9
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
get a regular cab pre-runner with manual transmission and 4cyl then.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 PM   #10
Dirty Trucker

your just gonna hafta go buy an off road!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #11
judoguy's Tacoma Gallery
yeah looking into that.

only reason I was trying to stay away from manual was after couple years of driving 80 miles daily or so it starts becoming a pain in the butt for me, personally haha. so automatic sounds great.

BUT! go with the trd offroad a/c mpg wont be forgiving
for a commute everyday.

compared to 4cylinder pre runner mpg, but then I have to deal
with manual again and a family yelling at me that they cant drive
stick.

tough choices
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 PM   #12
Dirty Trucker

the auto shift tacos get better gas mileage!