LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Spidertrax

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
Someone didnt put the tailgate down!
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
THROUGHITALLDUDE's Tacoma Gallery
Spidertrax

so my spidertrax arrived and i called the company to make sure that i install these things correct i was going to use a impact gun and i guess they say thats a bad idea i need to use a torque wrench for this job anyone with any experience with these can give me so advice on installing these correctly i really dont wanna develop problems with anything because of these......

ps. my stock trd wheels will be the ones i am using these with
Old 03-03-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
hmm why would an impact gun be a bad idea? thats how i wouldve fone it
Old 03-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #3
THROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHROUGHITALLDUDE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
hmm why would an impact gun be a bad idea? thats how i wouldve fone it
thats what i thought but they said that it will damage their product
Old 03-03-2010, 10:06 AM   #4
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Precautionary statement from the MFG. I would recommend using a torque wrench also. An impact wrench could possible damage the aluminum seat where the lugcentric lugs hold the spacer to the original studs.
Old 03-03-2010, 10:18 AM   #5

are these like not good for the truck or what.... i heard mixed feelings on whether these can be bad to the health of the truck
Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM   #6
Jevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to allJevansjr15 is a name known to all

Navy: MM3
Name: Joe
Jevansjr15's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THROUGHITALLDUDE View Post
are these like not good for the truck or what.... i heard mixed feelings on whether these can be bad to the health of the truck
Old 03-03-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ive only heard that about companies other than spidertrax or if you put them on aftermarket rims... but not the stock ones
Old 03-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
ive only heard that about companies other than spidertrax or if you put them on aftermarket rims... but not the stock ones
so your saying its better to use them with stock rims?
Old 03-03-2010, 10:25 AM   #9
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah you should pack them back up and sell them to me for half .

I'd just follow the instructions installing them, unless you want to sell them to me
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #10
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
You should never use an impact gun when installing the spacers or wheels!! First off, if you don't start the threads by hand, you can strip them off. Plus, lug nuts need to be properly torqued for correct seating of the wheel as well as safety. Put you lug nuts on by hand and then torque to spec. Other than that, the Spidertrax spacer install the same as a wheel. Not rocket science.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #11
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
You should bring them to Mod Day and have someone throw them on with you if you worried about it. Go for it though, it's pretty hard to mess up on installing those.
Old 03-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BlkT View Post
You should bring them to Mod Day and have someone throw them on with you if you worried about it. Go for it though, it's pretty hard to mess up on installing those.
i'm not too worried if i mess up ill be blowing your cell phone up like i do......ill be fine
Old 03-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
Mod'n on a Budget
1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed1BlkT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
1BlkT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ill be blowing your ass up like i do
That sounded wrong in so many ways
Old 03-03-2010, 12:05 PM   #14

there you go fixed it so sound more "PG" and hetero hahaha lol my bad CELLULAR PHONE
Old 03-03-2010, 12:15 PM   #15
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
Why they dont recommend using a Impact is that you dont know what the impact is set at when you run it and you could possibly over torque the nuts on and damage the spacers. It is best to use a torque wrench as others have said. Aluminum is soft and it can mushroom out if over torqued. But the spacers themselves are fairly easy to install and definatly use the loctite that they supply, but only use it on the studs that are on your truck hub as the directions say. If you use it on your spacer studs that you will be taking you tires off and on they could get stripped from the loctite. The Loctite they give you is the Red loctite and it is the maximum strength.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:06 PM   #16

Nothing better than getting new Spidertrax especially cause i got them brand new from spidertrax free shipping and for $79 =)
Old 03-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #18

I guess if spidertrax makes a spacer and they like mess up the iodize or put even the slightest scratch in them they put them aside and sell them for 79 and cover the shipping and its just the luck of going on the site when they have a set like that. these ones i got have on spot on one spacer that has literally barely a discoloration in them and thats why i got them so cheap super stoked
Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 PM   #19
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SManZ View Post
How'd you get that deal?
x2