Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

X-Runner rims on non-X-Runners.

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2010, 09:00 PM   #1
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) veteran
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
X-Runner rims on non-X-Runners.

Got a steal of a deal on a set of 4 with no tires.

I have a few ideas of what tires I want.

They come stock with 255/45-18's

I'm thinking about going a little narrower, maybe a 235/40-18. Reason for going narrower is because the truck is N/A 4-cylinder.

Shouldn't be too much of a stretch right?

I like these Good Year Eagle GT's for a sporty touring-ish tire.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=CASINT&cs=235

Comments/suggestions welcome.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #2
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I like these 245/35-18's too.
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...=CASINT&cs=245
Old 03-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
how much? im planning on buying some in june, i talked to the guy and my deal is 500-600 depending on where we are in 3 months haha.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:14 PM   #4
86ceeten has a spectacular aura about86ceeten has a spectacular aura about

Name: Brian
86ceeten's Tacoma Gallery
I would go with the 255's. The 4 cyl will do fine.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #5
Mob parking lots.

Got them for $250
Old 03-07-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86ceeten View Post
I would go with the 255's. The 4 cyl will do fine.
You really think so?

I had big rims/tires on a different vehicle and it was noticeably slower, but chrome tends to have that effect lol

My 4-cylinder is getting lowered this week, so I don't want to rub. That's another consideration for the narrow tire.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:31 PM   #7
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Got them for $250
god damnit i hate you haha, if it werent because i live in gods asshole( its beautiful but its covered in trees) i would get a better price but toyota doesnt even build X's up here. haha what setup are you going to run for lowering? i wanna get sittin sic front coils and then the Beefed Taco blocks. idk if thats all i need.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
god damnit i hate you haha, if it werent because i live in gods asshole( its beautiful but its covered in trees) i would get a better price but toyota doesnt even build X's up here. haha what setup are you going to run for lowering? i wanna get sittin sic front coils and then the Beefed Taco blocks. idk if thats all i need.
DJM arms are in the garage, PreRunner leafs are in the garage.

Meeting up with Brian (Beefed) on wednesday for my first consultation.
He's welding in a notch and size appropriate blocks.

X-Runner QA1's (rear) and Sittin Sic sway bars will go on when I get some more dollars lol

What tires are you planning on running over Gods asshole with?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
haha i was thinking about getting some 235's because i know that eduardo is running those and they dont rub, but basically whatever my mom is willing to pay for. haha if i get a 3.0 or higher thats brand new tires. anything less=death. but i was wondering what exactly i would have to buy to get a little bit of drop, but more importantly(better handling in turns)? i saw this and it made me def want to drop it cuz it doesnt look bad with x-runner rims. http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=139797
Old 03-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #10
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
haha i was thinking about getting some 235's because i know that eduardo is running those and they dont rub, but basically whatever my mom is willing to pay for. haha if i get a 3.0 or higher thats brand new tires. anything less=death. but i was wondering what exactly i would have to buy to get a little bit of drop, but more importantly(better handling in turns)? i saw this and it made me def want to drop it cuz it doesnt look bad with x-runner rims. http://www.customtacos.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=139797
Yea, I've seen that one before, never thought to ask if he rubs while turning, so I just did lol

The DJM arms will drop it more than the SS coils/XR struts. But they may go on a little later down the road, you never know.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #11
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
what im asking is if i want better handling and dont really care much about dropping, what are the bare essentials for that? could i get sittin sic coils and beefed blocks have those installed and be happy?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #12
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
BTW how much was that muffler on your truck? i wanna get exhaust that sounds good but is quiet, and increases HP or something haha.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
what im asking is if i want better handling and dont really care much about dropping, what are the bare essentials for that? could i get sittin sic coils and beefed blocks have those installed and be happy?
Yes. No question.

I forget who I was talking to, I think it was Gadget, said he really liked the SS sway bars on his XR wayyyy better than stock. So maybe you can look into those too.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #14
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
245s are a better fit on the XR rims.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #15
Mob parking lots.

Quote:
BTW how much was that muffler on your truck? i wanna get exhaust that sounds good but is quiet, and increases HP or something haha.
I dunno man, I had it for about 5 years before I ever installed it on something ahaha. Was just a muffler that I had laying around, and it sounded ok, so I left it. They're supposedly "designed" for lighter trucks.

A couple guys at the Santee Lakes meet said they liked how it sounded.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:55 PM   #16
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
ok, yeah i was on XRu found a guy that is gonna sell me his wheels, and if i buy the coils and the sway bar and the beefed blocks, i could talk him into helping me install, (i have no idea how to install anything) haha. he wants me to go to the mod day too meet the pacific northwest x-runner crew.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:57 PM   #17
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
Quote:
Lowering the vehicle will help, stiffer suspension will help, sway bars will help.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:58 PM   #18
if you have to ask, u can't afford it
tacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobo670 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ray
tacobo670's Tacoma Gallery
ive already seen one base model, single cab, all blacked out, lowered w Xrunner rims and the ground kit to fit. a bit of custom work for that. it looked sick!
if u gonna lower it, dont forget upgrade sway bars front and rear. it'll help too
Old 03-07-2010, 10:17 PM   #20
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
maybe i will add sway bars much later haha. front and back they are 420$