Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tpms ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
MTLTaco is on a distinguished road
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tpms ?

Any info is appreciated. I put on my summer tires yesterday and forgot to reset the system. After driving around 100KM 60Miles more or less the light began to flash and eventually stayed on. know when I turn the ignition to the on position to reset the light begins toflash instantly so holding the button for 3 seconds is not doing anything. Does anyone know how to properly reset this thing?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:33 PM   #2
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: JFK Center, Fort Bragg, NC
bb609's Tacoma Gallery
The individual serial numbers of the TPMS must be programmed into your truck's system. Did you swap them too? What's in your summer tires?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I got sensors on both my winter wheels and summer wheels. what your saying is that the serial numbers are different on ech set of sensors and that toyota has to program the sensors on the summer wheels which are the stock wheels to the system?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
O.F.
bb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbb609 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLTaco View Post
I got sensors on both my winter wheels and summer wheels. what your saying is that the serial numbers are different on ech set of sensors and that toyota has to program the sensors on the summer wheels which are the stock wheels to the system?
Yes sir! Or, you could remove the ones in your winter tires and do as I did. No more TPMS issues for me. There are also a few other alternatives in there too.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...revisited.html
Old 03-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #5
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What a payne that is. know I have to go to the dealer. BS Anyway thanks for the information. i do appreciate it
Old 03-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #6
O.F.

bb609's Tacoma Gallery
Do your TW friends a favor and post up your results after if you do go to the dealer to have them reprogrammed. I'm curious to know if they have to break down the tires again to get those numbers.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 PM   #7
MTLTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Come to think of it I think they gave me a paper last year with the codes on it. i gotta check my glove box. good thinking. Thanks again. I forgot about the individual codes.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #8
Nope.....I wasn't there........
general61 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
general61's Tacoma Gallery
If you can find a shop with this TPMS tool,the TECH400 ,www.bartecusa.com , this tool can reset almost all Toyota sensors without having to dismount the tires to get the serial numbers off the sensors. It will also interface with 2 different sets of sensors, I have tried it with my winter set of wheels\tires without any issue's. We have it where I work, it handles almost everything to do with TPMS. Good Luck
Old 03-20-2010, 08:54 PM   #9
biggdog747 is on a distinguished road
biggdog747's Tacoma Gallery
there is no reset. every sensor has a 7 digit code. when you change the sensor all sensors have to be reprogrammed to the tpws computer using techstream. only dealers have techstreams. only the land cruiser has the ability to have 2 sets of sensors. the dealer will not have to break down the tires to get the code. we have a scanner that picks up the code. i know we charge .5 hour to reprogram which is 42.50. up to your dealer on what they charge.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:38 PM   #10
Nope.....I wasn't there........
general61 is on a distinguished road

Name: John
general61's Tacoma Gallery
I have 2 sets of sensors for my tacoma without any issues. I just plug it in the obd port and it does the rest. And not to get into an argument but....the bartech tool does the reprogramming without issue.....or breaking down the tire to get the serial number on the sensor. We tried to buy the dealer tool( the techstream or whatever it was called when we checked ) but the cost was way more then we were willing to spend.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:29 AM   #11
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
i have summer/stock tires / stock steel set and a winter factory aluminum set, 2 different tpms senser types, they reprogram mine free where i bought my tires.

One odd note is they have to program the winter set sensors as if they were stock sensors , same frequency but the spare tire being stock sensor and aluminums not being stock causes a discrepency.