Notices

Toyo Open Country AT

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
2004Taco will become famous soon enough

2004Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 2004Taco Send a message via Yahoo to 2004Taco
Toyo Open Country AT

Any good? Im looking for a good tire for a good price. 4wheelparts are selling these for $142-177 for the size i want (265/75/16).

http://www.4wheelparts.com/partLists...X13143X1314313
Old 03-22-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
the open country is a good tire...

you should be able to get a better price if you go in person...

if you hit up the Compton main store, PM me...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #3
Jigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shedJigzor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jigzor's Tacoma Gallery
You should have this in the Wheel & Tire Section.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:42 PM   #4
Love peace and Taco Grease
Dellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDellosa89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Dellosa89's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly they are the best tire i have ever ran, great tread life, very durable sidewalls, and strong bead. With 2wd locked i pulled out a silverado in sand also pulled out my brothers 99 2wd locked tacoma from a swampy feild.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #5
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Good tire, but Wrangler Duratracs are about the same price and their lug pattern suggests more versatility and effectiveness in a wider range of conditions.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #6
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
I've really liked mine, they've been pretty good in every condition I've had them in. Good life, I've had mine since 2007, about 40,000 miles or so on them, maybe a little more, and they still have about a year left on them probably. I might get them again, either these or maybe General Grabbers, just depends on price.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:56 PM   #7
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
I dont like the looks of them that much. But I had them in some deep snow and they held their own.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:10 PM   #8

Thx for all the info. I saw some on a jeep and they look really good. I do more On-road driving then off. So i hope they have a smooth ride.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:47 PM   #9
Can you skin Grizz, pilgram?
tacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomakid96 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
tacomakid96's Tacoma Gallery
They do my truck rides super quiet with them.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #10
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

JayJay's Tacoma Gallery
I have them on the taco and the 1990 toy pickup and they ride good, 31's on the 90' i had them siped, last and grips the pavement better and super quite , I bought the taco with them already on 285 -75-16 not siped , they are a little bit louder but still quite but not as good when siped ..... Siped ( they cut extra slits in the big blocks on the tire ) = smooth and quite ,and longer life ) .....Enjoy the ride !!!!!!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my old truck, very good tires for the price.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:44 PM   #12
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I had them on my '05 Tacoma... very nice... got 35,000 miles on them before the tread was too thin for my taste... went to Cooper Discoverer ATR... an equal tire to the Toyo Open Country AT in my opinion... they were both very good, no flats, quiet on the highway, great off road/ and on the beach in Baja.
Old 03-22-2010, 09:01 PM   #13

Any one have any pictures of these tires on there taco?
Old 03-22-2010, 09:23 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine!!!

Anymore let me know
Old 03-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #15
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Taco View Post
Any one have any pictures of these tires on there taco?

I think this is when I had the Toyos... sorry, nothing closer! WAIT... found one:

Old 03-22-2010, 10:08 PM   #16

thx guys
Old 03-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #17
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004Taco View Post
Any good? Im looking for a good tire for a good price. 4wheelparts are selling these for $142-177 for the size i want (265/75/16).

http://www.4wheelparts.com/partLists...X13143X1314313
That is the exact tire I have and size. They are a great tire, good in the wet conditions. I have almost 10k miles on them and they still look new.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:17 PM   #18
JayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to beholdJayJay is a splendid one to behold

JayJay's Tacoma Gallery
Toyo Open Country AT-truck.jpg

Toyo's M/T285-75-16

I hope this photo comes out .... This is the first time I posted a piture , It was full size on my pc ..... hope it comes out so you can see tires.......
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #19
Honey your two French Fries short of a Happy Meal.
eight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedeight3one_offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Richard
eight3one_offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to eight3one_offroad
I've had my Toyo AT's for about 200-300 miles now, I like them. Quiet, grip, good on the street and dirt. I will get them again

- Richard
Old 03-22-2010, 10:52 PM   #20
cameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to beholdcameronlane is a splendid one to behold

Name: cameron
cameronlane's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. Ive pulled out a 4x4 bronco and a frontier in foot deep mud. Had them for about 7,000 and they still seem like new. They are also very quiet on the freeway. Good in snow as well.