Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tire load rating

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 AM   #1
Blue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really nice
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
Tire load rating

Just like the Nitto thread below... He asked about the difference between P rated and LT rated tires... I am wondering about the difference in C rated tires and E rated tires. Some of the tire makes I am considering differ in this area... I noticed the Duratracs are C rated.... some of the Nittos are C rated and some E rated... or 4 ply vs 10 ply. I like the look of the Coopers Zeons .. they are E rated... I also like the Mickey ATZs which are also E rated. If I go with more of a street friendly tire the Silent Armours are offered in all three... P, C and E....

My question I guess is this... can you really tell a difference in the way they ride and handle for everyday driving... not considering off road or hauling a load... just everyday commuting to work and the trip to the grocery store... Isnt that what most of our driving is anyway? LOL...

Here is my deal... I love the look of the Mickey ATZs... I "like" the look of the Nitto TGs (and they are WAY cheaper). The Nittos I can get 8 ply OTD for $650... maybe better... Th ATZs are $840 OTD.... The Coopers I like are $730 OTD... About the same with the Silent Armour... No one could find the Duratracs anywhere... Price was $860 OTD....

Opinions?

If I go with Nittos I would have some extra money to go get those Ivan Stewart wheels I like <G>

Greg
Old 03-23-2010, 12:01 PM   #2
lizard1 is on a distinguished road
lizard1's Tacoma Gallery
10 ply tires

I recently installed brand new e rated (10) ply bf goodrich all terrain ta ko's. Ride is a little firmer. Heard horror stories about the ride so i was hesitant. Very happy with the tires - no regrets!

Fyi: Upgraded size to 265/75/16 on stock suspension - no rubbing issues at all
Old 03-24-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
Blue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really nice
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running E rated tires and think they are too stiff? I have read more conflicting stuff about tires I am pretty confused...

I really like the look of the Mickey ATZs and can put up with a little hum and even a firm ride... What I do not want is a loud roar and a bone jarring ride... I wouldnt even worry with this is the Tacoma was a heavery truck but being so light I am concerned with the stiffness of the E rating.

Greg
Old 03-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
Silver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to all

Navy:
Silver_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue76 View Post
Anyone running E rated tires and think they are too stiff? I have read more conflicting stuff about tires I am pretty confused...

I really like the look of the Mickey ATZs and can put up with a little hum and even a firm ride... What I do not want is a loud roar and a bone jarring ride... I wouldnt even worry with this is the Tacoma was a heavery truck but being so light I am concerned with the stiffness of the E rating.

Greg

I run E rated 285/70 BFG AT's ... love 'em. Yeah, it rides a little stiffer but not the "bone jarring" stories you hear on this site.