Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Lettering In or Out

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 AM   #1
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Name: Jacob
HeadlampRevamp's Tacoma Gallery
Lettering In or Out

Do you guys prefer the white letter facing in or out on black wheels? If it matters, I have Rugged Trails.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
facing in.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
DieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the roughDieselTech is a jewel in the rough

Name: Jeremy
DieselTech's Tacoma Gallery
I like the white lettering, Until it gets old in yellow, then i switchem'
Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #4
Silver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to allSilver_Taco is a name known to all

Navy:
Silver_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Over 50, out.
Under 50, in.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:41 AM   #5
SigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shedSigSense is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: STS
SigSense's Tacoma Gallery
In, then you do not get upset when the start looking like crap.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #6
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
I like white out, makes it look cleaner when you wash your truck, makes the overall truck look better IMO.
Old 03-26-2010, 10:55 AM   #7
IrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to beholdIrishPilot is a splendid one to behold

IrishPilot's Tacoma Gallery
Lol man theres a lot of these "in or out" threads. I vote out, but it depends on the color of your truck IMO. Ive got white, so I like the look of the white lettering out.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
HeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant futureHeadlampRevamp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
I like white out, makes it look cleaner when you wash your truck, makes the overall truck look better IMO.

ahhh, now i see them, I don't know why it didn't come up in the search earlier. I guess because I did title only. It seems that white lettering in is an overhelming favorite.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPilot View Post
Lol man theres a lot of these "in or out" threads. I vote out, but it depends on the color of your truck IMO. Ive got white, so I like the look of the white lettering out.
Ahhh, now I see. I don't know why those threads didn't come up when I searched the first time. Maybe because I searched title only. Looks like letters in is an overwhelming favorite.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 AM   #11
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope953 View Post
Wait, "wash your truck"? WTF is that?
Old 03-26-2010, 05:36 PM   #13
Blue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really niceBlue76 is just really nice
Blue76's Tacoma Gallery
Stock wheels = letters out

Aftermarket Wheels = Letters in

Off brand tires either way= Letters in

Greg
Old 03-26-2010, 06:04 PM   #14
That's a fact Jack!
Pope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPope953 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Wesley
Pope953's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Wait, "wash your truck"? WTF is that?
Haha! I know i know, I hear that a lot from some buddies. I guess im weird like that , I like havin my truck looking good and able to glisten in the sun. Which with a gravel driveway with a lot of rain its hard to keep clean, especially with offset tires it seems pointless to wash it . I may be in a category by myself or a with a select few that like to wash their truck to make it look good.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #15
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
As I said in the last thread like this

BFG's, letters out

anyting else, letters in.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 PM   #16
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
depends on the truck? i like them both ways, but if it was say a all black truck then i would say turned in.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:35 PM   #18
Tacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomadude89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Austen
Tacomadude89's Tacoma Gallery
White lettering can look good on white trucks, but I personally like the look of them facing in on most trucks and you don't have to spend the effort keeping them clean either. It's a bit of a pain when you put tire shine on the tires when they're facing out as I've found it darkens the letters and then you have to make sure you get it in between them too to make it look nice.