1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

265 75 16s-------> 7.50 16s

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by coyote_song, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Mar 27, 2010 at 7:55 AM
    coyote_song

coyote_song [OP] New Member

Member:
    Corvallis, MT
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma
    aluminum ladder rack; topper; front and back receiver hitches; DIY bed stiffeners. Access cab hammock for border collie.
    Howdy,
    Just picked up an 03 Taco. Use to have an 83 22R that I traded in on my first Dodge Cummins. Still have a 98 Dodge Cummins QC 12v dually w/ aluminum flatbed, but now I have a Taco too.

Anyway, the truck came with 265 75 16s and aluminum wheels. I have always preferred tall skinny tires. I am shopping for a set of 7.50 16s. The circumference is almost identical to the 265 75 16s.

Anyone running 7.50 16s? One concern I have is how underpowered the 2.7L is (remember I'm use to beau coup diesel POWER). Is there a more optimum tire size on these Tacos, i.e. smaller and thinner 16s that is preferred. I'm more into function than into looks. Just looking for tire size experiences vs power and driveability. TIA

PS: How well will the thinner tires fit on the fancy smancy aluminum toyota wheels?

Products Discussed in

To Top