1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

confusion over cragar/keystone wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by TacomaGus, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Mar 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    TacomaGus

TacomaGus [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
    i am looking into getting a set of 15x8 cragar soft 8's or d-window wheels, but i here from one person that the soft 8's wont fit w/o spacers and from another that the d-windows wont fit w/o spacers. just looking for someone to clear it up for me haha cuz i like both and honeslty i will go with the one that saves me the most money...

2. Mar 30, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    Tinted Tails, TRD Shift Knob, Kenwood Headunit, Ebay BHLM Lights, Trimmed Mud Flaps, 265/70/17 General Grabber AT2's, WeatherTech Mats, Black Badges, Sylvania ZXE Bulbs, AFE Stage 2 Si Intake, 17x8.5 Level 8 Guardian Wheels, URD SS, Custom 2.5" Catback with Aero 2525 and Vibrant Ultra Quiet Resonator, URD MAF CAL, JBA LT Headers, OME 884's, Nitrochargers, Dakars with 3rd lead removed, Light Racing UCA's
  3. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:27 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    anybody?

4. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:37 PM
    Itsed

Itsed New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Pinole CA
    Vehicle:
    SR5
    I don't know about the 04, but the cragar's won't fit on the Gen 2 5 lugs. I wanted them on mine but they don't have enough offset and hit the calipers when the tire shop tried to put them on. I didn't ask about spacers, but went with a different wheel instead.

5. Mar 30, 2010 at 8:39 PM
    TacomaGus

Member:
    First Name:
    Gus
    Morgantown, WV
    Vehicle:
    08 White TRD Sport DC
    well i have had differing opinions from guys on here that say they will or will not fit on the 1st gen w/o the use of spacers

6. Aug 29, 2011 at 9:28 PM
    DaveCanuck

DaveCanuck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 SR5 V6
    I'm wondering the same thing.

It's puzzling how some guys are able to luck out with their 1st gen Tacoma running the Cragars without spacers, and other guys having problems. I typed "Cragar" into the search engine and the more threads I read on them, the more confusing it seems.

Cragar must be losing a fair amount of business from Tacoma owners with the steel rims. I'd hate to have to pay more by going with a different make.

Products Discussed in

To Top