Notices

wheel n tire issue

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-04-2010, 09:28 AM   #1
bobby g is on a distinguished road
Name: bobby
bobby g's Tacoma Gallery
wheel n tire issue

hello all, hope you can help... im lookn to purchase the black rock 909's 17x8 w/ a 5" back space. i want to put larger tires on aswell. im a little unsure if the 5" backspace is gonna hurt me. im running spidertrax 1.25 concentric spacers now on my oem wheels, putting me @ 4.25" of backspace. w/ my current 275/70/17 i got room. lookn to run 295/70/17 or 305/65/17 is preffered. help me please....
Old 04-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
first of all. welcome to TacomaWorld bobby. you should be ok with the spacers. and where did you find those wheels to fit a 2nd gen taco?
Old 04-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #3
bobby g is on a distinguished road
Name: bobby
bobby g's Tacoma Gallery
thanks i rather run the wheels w/out the spacers, its the only black rock wheel that will fit n i like it alot. my prob is the wheel will be 1/2 closer n im nervous larger tires will be a issue
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM   #4
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I could be wrong but I don't think they'll fit? Do you by chance have aftermarket uca's like camburg or total chaos? Those will give you a little more clearance for the wider tire.