Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Anyone know how to remove tpms led bulb

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
DARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to behold
DARK TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone know how to remove tpms led bulb

my tpms light is on i sold the sensors with the wheels and i dont want to buy new ones any idea how to just pull the bulb
Old 04-10-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
It's probably not a bulb but an LED. I would assume you would have to pull the gauge cluster and open it up.
Old 04-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
DARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to beholdDARK TRD is a splendid one to behold
DARK TRD's Tacoma Gallery
has anyone done this that could give me a clue how to do it
Old 04-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
howasniper is on a distinguished road
howasniper's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS Dash Light fix

It is an L.E.D., so there is not a bulb to pull out.
I just disassembled the Instrument cluster and put
a small piece of electrical tape on the backside of the
Tire pressure graphic. Essentially blocking the L.E.D.
light from showing.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:12 AM   #5
My other ride has 18,400HP!!!!!!
rmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shedrmb_crew is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Ryan
rmb_crew's Tacoma Gallery
I have completely removed it. You have to open the cluster up and than take everything apart so your looking at the circuit board and than just take a soldering iron to each side of it and pull up with a pair of tweezers and it should come right off.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #6
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yosh2000's Tacoma Gallery
check out this thread on how to remove it.

if you want change the color of your dash, now would be a good time to do it as well! get LEDs from the place linked in my cluster thread in my sig
Old 04-10-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...tip-trick.html
Old 04-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #8
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Can't you just disconnect the TPMS ECU?
Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #9
Must go to Mountains, Desert
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. Sir
Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by howasniper View Post
It is an L.E.D., so there is not a bulb to pull out.
I just disassembled the Instrument cluster and put
a small piece of electrical tape on the backside of the
Tire pressure graphic. Essentially blocking the L.E.D.
light from showing.
Welcome to TW. Your solution is actually a very good one. Does the light bleed through, or is it absolutely not visible anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post
Can't you just disconnect the TPMS ECU?
I don't think so. Not without throwing a MIL condition. Although it may be possible to disable the Tire Pressure Warning Antenna and Receiver and achieve the same goal.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:46 AM   #10
yosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedyosh2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom View Post
Welcome to TW. Your solution is actually a very good one. Does the light bleed through, or is it absolutely not visible anymore?
if your going to go through all the trouble of taking the cluster apart...might as well just do it right and remove the LED!! the solution of using tape is actually not a good solution at all...its a jerry rigged solution when two more steps would completely remove the LED!!
Old 04-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #11
Crom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosh2000 View Post
if your going to go through all the trouble of taking the cluster apart...might as well just do it right and remove the LED!! the solution of using tape is actually not a good solution at all...its a jerry rigged solution when two more steps would completely remove the LED!!
Right. But what if you want to reverse the mod to sell the truck? Perhaps soldering the LED back in may prove difficult? Pulling the tape may be a lot easier.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Right. But what if you want to reverse the mod to sell the truck? Perhaps soldering the LED back in may prove difficult? Pulling the tape may be a lot easier.
your still going to have to remove the cluster, remove the front plastic, remove the needles, remove the faceplate, remove the tape, reinstall faceplace, reinstall needles, reinstall front plastic, reinstall cluster....

if your doing all that, soldering one little LED should be no big deal...IMHO...

but to each their own...i just like to do stuff right and complete on my truck...
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM   #13
howasniper is on a distinguished road
howasniper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I don't think so. Not without throwing a MIL condition. Although it may be possible to disable the Tire Pressure Warning Antenna and Receiver and achieve the same goal.
No light bleed through at all. It's a permanent But reversable fix without taking a soldering iron to the LED to remove it.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
TACO SUPREME
c0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud ofc0astie31 has much to be proud of
Coast Guard: MK1/E-6
Name: Dennis
c0astie31's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to c0astie31
i put a piece of electrical tape over it, works perfect
Old 04-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #15
ShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shedShadowFalken is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
ShadowFalken's Tacoma Gallery
I am not one that likes a lot of gubment in my life. That said, your are defeating a Federal safety system that is required on 2008 and up vehicles. Result of the Tread Act of 2000. There is liability in there for those that care.

Lots of ways to defeat systems, lots of lawyers too. Dangit.

Just a thought, not being the MOD police.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:17 PM   #16

Crom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowFalken View Post
I am not one that likes a lot of gubment in my life. That said, your are defeating a Federal safety system that is required on 2008 and up vehicles. Result of the Tread Act of 2000. There is liability in there for those that care.

Lots of ways to defeat systems, lots of lawyers too. Dangit.

Just a thought, not being the MOD police.
x2 That is good information! I didn't know that. Thanks!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:38 PM   #17
Bryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shedBryan07sport is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
Bryan07sport's Tacoma Gallery
I dont' get why everybody hates it so much. It serves a good purpose. Why not just check your air pressure when the light comes on and add air as needed? takes 5 mins, and that includes lowering the spare. I absolutely love having it. Every so often mine will come on, and I check the tires, theres one a few pounds low, and I throw some air in it. Keeps my fuel mileage high, and my treadlife long! my .02
Old 04-21-2010, 02:41 PM   #18
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Should have just left it working.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:08 PM   #19
UG legend wannabe
snowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnowgod06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
snowgod06's Tacoma Gallery
theres a thread somewhere here i think or on CT i read where you can just cut the power wire for it, when you do that just add some connectors to it and if you want to hook it back up just plug the ends back together. I was going to do this when i couldnt get my light off for about 3 months till it decided to just turn off by itself one day.