Notices

Ticking noise from driver's front wheel

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
Snewo is on a distinguished road
Snewo's Tacoma Gallery
Ticking noise from driver's front wheel

Hello everyone.

Recently there is a ticking sound coming from my front wheel on my 98 Tacoma. WHen I brake the ticking stops.

Can anyone help.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to the site.

My wife's car had that. It was a nail that hadn't quite punctured her tire.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:53 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, seeing as how you live in the Virgin Islands, you're going to need to post some pretty pictures up here.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:00 AM   #4
Snewo's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Isoco,

What kinda pictures you want man. lol. I have a calender called VI VIXENS. Its a swimsuit calender. 2008 is a great year. Do you want one?
Old 05-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snewo View Post
Hey Isoco,

What kinda pictures you want man. lol. I have a calender called VI VIXENS. Its a swimsuit calender. 2008 is a great year. Do you want one?
Well, now I'm just confused. I love vixens, but I don't want to seem like a pervert. hmmm...let me get back to you on that one.

I was just thinking of some island pictures (vixen optional)
Old 05-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
Better check the bearing assembly on the side where the ticking is. Also when you brake does it pulsate? could ba a warped disc or a bad caliper too
Old 05-07-2008, 11:00 AM   #7
Snewo's Tacoma Gallery
"Better check the bearing assembly on the side where the ticking is. Also when you brake does it pulsate? could ba a warped disc or a bad caliper too"

It brakes smoothly and the ticking stops. The truck is due for a brake change so I am going to take the opportunity to do that and get it checked out.

Maybe its all those island potholes doing my truck bad. lol

Thanks for all the responses
Old 05-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #8
biorunner1 is on a distinguished road
biorunner1's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Man,

I have the same ticking/rattle on my 05. I took it in to find out that it is just some simple hardware that holds on the brake dust guard. It stops rattling when you apply the brake. The hardware you can get from Toyota for about 3 bucks. If you can confirm that this is your issue as well, get the hardware and bring it to get your brake job. They should install it for free while there in there. Hope this helps
Old 05-12-2008, 10:27 AM   #9
Snewo's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks bio. Just installed new brakes and the ticking stopped. You were right on point about the hardware. No more ticking for me.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
PinkTaco is on a distinguished road
PinkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to PinkTaco Send a message via Yahoo to PinkTaco
might be a little farfetched, but if you havent fixed it yet.. maybe a cv or cvboot? that usually causes clicking when you turn but it just depends on how it would be broken.. probably not it but its my 2 cents