1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Do i pass this deal up?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by GWL, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    GWL

GWL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    justin
    Cole Harbour N.S.
    Vehicle:
    98 4runner 5speed 4x4 :)
    Hey guys, My buddy has a 2005 trd sport and i have always liked his stock 17" rims more than my 16" stockers. I figure if i buy them i will get them powdercoated like ones i had in the past, anyway, he said $400 for the set with tires that have about 50% tread left. I figure i can get them powdercoated and run my M/T's while I wait and then sell my stock rims and tires to buy some new sneakers for the 17's. Any thoughts, opinions, advice would be greatly appreciated thanks!

2. Apr 18, 2010 at 5:59 AM
    05 TRD Sport

05 TRD Sport She's Fat, I'm Drunk, It's On.

Member:
    30 minutes south of Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    Red Prerunner AC
    I think with 16's, you get a wider selection of tires to choose from. Probably at a better prices too.

3. Apr 18, 2010 at 7:09 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    $400 + shipping is the average selling pring on ebay just for the rims. Rims and tires usually go for around $600 (with almost new tires), so if they do have about 50% tread left, it's a decent price, but your "friend" isn't really giving you a great deal IMO.

I sold my 08 Sport alloy rims for $399 plus shipping last summer on ebay. A few weeks later I sold my tires locally on Craigslist for $80, but they only had about 10K of treadlife on them.

IMO if you buy them you're saving your buddy a big headache buy him NOT having to ship them if he sells them on line.

Try making an offer that discounts the price by the cost of the powercoating that you will be paying for. Then you'll have a good deal.

In the end, the selling price will be set between how bad he wants to sell them, and how much you want to buy them.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top